OK- Does the name suit......

riotgirl

Visit site
My Welshie is called Linnet, after a small, fat, brown bird. Strangely enough, Linnet is also small, fat, and brown.
grin.gif

katiejaye

Visit site
Well mine is Loopy Louis...and yup that is really what he is! He has mellowed over the years but ever time I get out XC or SJ I remember just why he is called that! He's Louis or Lewis when he's behaving but it normally changes to Loops or Loopy when we're jumping!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Chancer - yep he is a little chancer and his show name is Quite by Chance which is exactly how I got him. His nickname is Stinker - again very apt though this year he has been much cleaner in the stable.

Cairo - ???? not sure, but we know him as this and it seems to suit. The funny thing is most people think see his name on the door and think he is an arab and then see a hulking great clydie
grin.gif

jewel

Visit site
my horses are very rarely called by there really name my old boy dobie is usually fat man or old man and my section d is jenson but is called jen so he's now ended up with a girls name poor lad

Halfpass

Visit site
So grey cob is called Murphy - coz he is irish duh!!! But his nicknames are stinker, smurf, murphus and smelly, stinker and smelly suit coz he is one of those greys that just has to lay in his droppings and he really does smell bad, never known a horse quite as bad!!

And warmblood mare is Aleeta or Alee for short no other nicknames and I think it suits. Is a pretty french name for a pretty french horse!!!

SilGathien

Visit site
I don't know!

Sap has the weirdest name ever, Saposcat, and he gets called ridiculous things at shows, they always pause before they get to his name trying to pronounce it lol.

Most of the time it's 'Sap' or 'Sappy' - would sound like a right idiot shouting SAPOSCAT! across field lol.

Definition of Sappy:
–adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est.
1. abounding in sap, as a plant.
2. full of vitality and energy.
3. Slang. silly or foolish.

a) my horse is no plant
b) he is in no way full of vitality or energetic despite being a TB, he did not inherit speed despite pretending to be a racehorse (very funny comments on some videos!), however, he might be full of energy tomorrow because he's been off work
c) i really don't think he's that silly or foolish... altough he sometimes has half a brain (i.e. falling down steps)!

Would love to know where Saposcat comes from, I think mother said it meant 'beautiful thing' in irish, but who knows. Also is a random character from some play lol.

However, very original, and so I have an original horse, yay!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
My mare is called Shannon, she was from ireland and i think it is a pretty name, she has very big white eyelash's that everyone always comments on and say they are very pretty.
laugh.gif

seaofdreams

Visit site
yes i named mouse as when i went to pick her up she was standing at the back of the stable very quietly and mum said 'ahh bless her she is as quiet as a mouse' and so mouse stuck and still very much suits her before i picked her up i had planned to call her daisy !

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry slightly off topic but I hope my Bodey jumps as well as your Jigsaw (presume that’s the coloured below). Bodey is being broken at the moment!

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw thanks! Has taken me 4 years to get him jumping like that!

Claireg9

Visit site
Blue - yes it does suit her as she is a grey and has pink and dark skin so when wet or clipped she has big blue patches everywhere... the only problem being everyone thinks shes a boy!

Candy - I dont dislike the name and it suits her as thats all ive ever known, but she is a bay??? So why Candy? I can understand for a palomino or a cremello but a bay??? Lyndhurst lady is her show name though and as she comes from Lyndhurst in the new forrest and she hates to tread in mud or mess id say that suits her down to a tee!

Macha

Visit site
Macha was an Irish war/horse goddess
Mad-Mare is Irish, could start a row with her self on a bad day and thinks shes the best thing on the farm so I would say it suits!!
wink.gif

Gingerbird

Visit site
James is definitely a James. He doesn't suit being a Jim or Jimmy but he does get called Jammers quite a bit.

Muffin is brown, round and at the mo very woolly so kind of like a chocolate muffin, but behavior wise she'd be more suited to cow-bag or witch!

Leah3horses

Visit site
My Dolly was a total doll, a big old fashioned Clyde so that suited...my foal Danny I have named after Dolly...well it's the only boys' name I could think of that began with D and ended with Y as in Dolly...it does suit him...Danny Boy.
My Sasha is known as Sasha Tank, Sasha doesn't really suit her but Tank does as she is huge!She also gets known as Pie(cos she wants to eat them all).
Ebony suits her as she is a pure black Dales!