Ok folks....the wait is over (hopefully..!!)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Seller I have a new proposal for you. Pay her £250 now, £200 deposit £25 small claim fee £25 compensation, and I'd bet my bottom dollar she'll stop that court case and go away. I have no connection with her, I don't even know her name. It genuinely seems to me to to be your best option right now.

Snitch

Visit site
Seller I have a new proposal for you. Pay her £250 now, £200 deposit £25 small claim fee £25 compensation, and I'd bet my bottom dollar she'll stop that court case and go away. I have no connection with her, I don't even know her name. It genuinely seems to me to to be your best option right now.
What a good idea! I too don’t know the OP, but I do know she should get her money back, plus costs. That’s what a court would judge, I would have thought. The seller’s niece really did her no favours on here. The more we learn, the more it all sounds woefully dodgy to me.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I will state, for the record and in the name of fairness, that they USED to deal, not anymore.
Apparently seller has an "equine barrister " friend who has told her that this thread is going to get me into deep trouble.
I will state AGAIN: I have not personally identified the seller, I have not resorted to infantile name calling or called into question anyone mental health, I have not done/said anything illegal/untrue/abusive etc.
All I want is my deposit back as seller was unable to supply the horse "with no health issues what so ever" that she advertised. I cannot seem to get her to understand that she is under legal obligation. She simply keeps repeating that she isn't obliged to return it, that I'm "hassling" and "being abusive ", and that I keep "putting crap all over the internet ".

Summit

Visit site
SLH...I would stop posting here now as it’s involving too many people and fueling the fire, it’s not helping. Don’t bother making contact with the seller again, you have enough proof of the situation and Just proceed with the claim. Good luck

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
SLH...I would stop posting here now as it’s involving too many people and fueling the fire, it’s not helping. Don’t bother making contact with the seller again, you have enough proof of the situation and Just proceed with the claim. Good luck

Good advice.

Update us when you can xxx

Snitch

Visit site
I will state, for the record and in the name of fairness, that they USED to deal, not anymore.
Apparently seller has an "equine barrister " friend who has told her that this thread is going to get me into deep trouble.
I will state AGAIN: I have not personally identified the seller, I have not resorted to infantile name calling or called into question anyone mental health, I have not done/said anything illegal/untrue/abusive etc.
All I want is my deposit back as seller was unable to supply the horse "with no health issues what so ever" that she advertised. I cannot seem to get her to understand that she is under legal obligation. She simply keeps repeating that she isn't obliged to return it, that I'm "hassling" and "being abusive ", and that I keep "putting crap all over the internet ".
This is simply another futile attempt to intimidate you; don’t fall for the bluff and bluster, OP.
We all (mostly lay people, I believe) can see straight through this. An equine Barrister would not advise that this thread is going to get you in deep trouble. They tend to stick to the Law; not mud slinging.
ETA, just seen, no more posts on here. Good luck, OP!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site

Thanks, you are probably right. It's just winding me up more anyway. I'll keep everyone posted xxx

sky1000

Visit site
If you are a BHS member and can use their helpline, that would be a good idea. From what you have said, what they were saying to the next possible buyer, was, obviously, untrue. So they were trying to mislead the other buyer. That makes it quite likely they were trying to trick you but doesn't prove it - it just proves they were trying to trick the other buyer.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think (not positive) that you are classed as a dealer if you sell 8 or more a year by HMRC and subject to income tax on profits.

Not quite true it’s one of the things that might lead them to take the decision that you may be running a business.
For instance if I were to sell all my horses I would not be buisness because I do no economic activity that constitutes a business .
But a riding school could sell one horse and that would be a business activity .
I think it may well be the case that the owner of this horse is dealing .
In which case the advertisement was not at all honest .
It’s very true if you always tell the truth you don’t need a good memory, if I recall correctly the ad for this horse said she was bought for hunting but not used because someone had a hip replacement , they told OP later that they dealt a few Irish horses .
You can’t be someone whose had surgery left with a horse you don’t need one day and a dealer a few days later .
Tbh that should have had OP heading for the hills before the vetting .

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
To let the original thread die till SLH replies, why not start a new thread with "how about this one."?

I thought it was SLH who was not going to post anything else so she could not be accused of sayng the wrong thing. I don't think it was everyone else who had to stop posting.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Has everyone gone overboard on this one because SLH has had one they thought was ok fail the vet? For the price, allowing for his age and obvious lack of muscle, and naff photos, I think that's a fair enough horse who will look totally different at eight and make someone a good friend and lower level RC horse. Not SLH though, because I'd be surprised if he's 16 hands and any way he won't carry her weight yet.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Has everyone gone overboard on this one because SLH has had one they thought was ok fail the vet? For the price, allowing for his age and obvious lack of muscle, and naff photos, I think that's a fair enough horse who will look totally different at eight and make someone a good friend and lower level RC horse. Not SLH though, because I'd be surprised if he's 16 hands and any way he won't carry her weight yet.

I thought that for the price, if he is a genuine chap, then he is a good purchase! If he were an inch bigger I may have been going to Merseyside (see, I was interested enough to have a look where he was!).