OK hands up - who's stuggling???

Sparklet

Visit site
Stuggling yes but still riding.

Outdoor school light at one end so not brilliant but it does stand up to rain because it drains so well.

I poke my MP3 player into my ears and crack on - you soon forget about the elements. I always think that it is good practise for a wet/windy outdoor dressage test.

Weezy

Visit site
I am riding 2/3 times a week until after Christmas now - I am not beatng myself up about it as he has to have 10 days off over Chrstmas anyway so I dont need him fit - he is turned out 3 times a week (weather permitting - today is "our" day out but it hasnt stopped raining so he is in) and we have a walker which I use whilst I am mucking out - he is on hay and 2 feeds of Just Grass with a couple of small handfuls of cool mix in and thats it - he looks fab, isnt silly and hopefully once we get back to 6 days a week riding in the New Year he will behave!

piaffe

Visit site
My 3 are still out 24/7, rugged up to the eye balls!

Im still riding about 5/6 days a week, in the wind, rain and dark evenings with my head lamp on! Im also riding Summer about 3/4 times a week.

it is hard but its something i feel i need to do. i just get very wet!
grin.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
Baron gets ridden most days. We only have a floodlit outdoor but I just put my waterproofs on, stick an exercise sheet on B and off we go. I tend not to hack out in bad weather due to poor visability and incase the wind turns him crazy but we did manage a 30 min hack between showers yesterday. Ive only had him since April though so im still quite enthusiastic, no doubt by next winter we will be down to once a week, lol.

RobinHood

Visit site
I seem to be doing better than most people. My horses are still out 24/7 although we are just about to get some round bales of hay because most of the grass has gone. The 2 in full work come in every evening to be ridden and then they have a section of hay before dinner, and they stay in at the weekend. I am managing to ride about 4 or 5 times a week and horsie is fit enough to go hunting.

I didn't realise it's only 10 days til the winter solstice, that's cheered me up. It doesn't seem that long ago that I posted some photos of my boys grazing with the sun setting on the summer solstice.

Pidge

Visit site
me me me! fell asleep watching the television last night and missed Zara win
mad.gif
Field is officially a SWAMP not a field so have left the horses in today. God mucking out twice a day GRRRR luckily we have an indoor school as well as an outdoor. Have had one bonus though we decided to loose school Pidge and Sunny together and Sunny is teaching Pidge what to do
grin.gif
which is great as Pidge has no idea when it comes to loose schooling. Imagine the scene 16.3hh ISH trotting round closely followed by Sunny 14.3hh Cob at a canter going "I can take him!" Have videoed them on my phone so will see if I can get them on here as its so funny to watch!

Bex7

Visit site
definately stuggling and this is my first winter as a horse owner
frown.gif

The field is a mud bath and I have a walk down the dark drive to the paddock. This morning it all went tits up and to cut a long story short after spending hours in the rain and mud ended up walking into work in PJ bottoms!!! (obviously changed once I got there)

Bert is ridden both weekend days and maybe twice in the week although last week it was once due to crap weather.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Still managing to ride but only because we have flood lights (thanks Dad!). We ride/lunge about every other day, but I do really have to push myself some days especially when I’m tired from work.

Roll on Christmas holidays!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
It's terrible I don't think the rain is ever going to stop. The horses are mud monsters every time I ride the tack gets soaked and all the boots, my clothes and numnahs need washing. I'm not sure how much longer the washing machine is going to last.

Trying to keep my two ticking over which is not easy with no school and the fields so wet. Working and dark evenings doesn't help either. Managing to get both ridden about twice in the week each and then both at week-ends. It's a real chore this time of year but at least they are all well used to water hazards!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
We will soon be moaning about hard ground! Do not think horsey people are ever happy! I kind of give up in the winter and luckily I have all year round grazing (ours are out from 7.30am till 3.30pm)and I find this makes a massive difference as the horses are always on the move as less grass and no nutritional benefit from it. So I get my horse exercised by himself. Also means I do not get that crazy freshness I would have if he was stabled.

Tempi

Visit site
yes, but remember - you 'like' riding in the rain
grin.gif
grin.gif

oh, and btw, next time its peeing down one weekend you can come ride archie in the rain - you'l really enjoy it, trust me!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

claire1976

Visit site
Mmmm - you're not convincing me here - I feel sure I actually prefer riding on a warm summers evening, oh except I moan about flies then!! No pleasing me is there!
I don't know if I should swap Maggie for Archie - how bad is he exactly??!!

hellyt1

Visit site
learn to ride a
e040.gif

but january is only a few weeks away and the long term forecasts are very cold but dry and crisp so i'm told. much rather that than wet and windy but mild. seems we can never get the right weather in this country doesn't it