OK if you could invent any...

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
...technological aid to help your riding/training what would it be/do ? Be imaginative here, we can send people to the moon and split the atom remember!

In case you're wondering, yes this did start as a pub conversation and the best we came up with was a device to tell you when you were about to be dumped at the next fence. What we were trying to think of was technology that could help the british equestrian team win the next olympics. Any offers greatfully received.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Could someone please invent a button on my horse that I press that magically transforms me into a brilliant rider?!
blush.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
An over reach boot that really stops or makes it impossible for your horse to pull its shoe off!!

[/ QUOTE ]
An over reach boot that is easy to put on/get off, yet stays on! LOL

Bess

Visit site
I think it would be really good if someone could link an equisimulator to a 360degree video screen, so that someone could practise say dressage. They could then ride the dressage test and have to give the correct instructions for the desired movement to happen, and so learn without outside distractions, eg a real live horse. No this is sounding silly now.

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
Some sort of 'magic eye' that marks out angles and strides, that the rider can see approaching the jumps?

Well actually that's possible, I wonder whether it would be useful for training...

An over reach boot that is easy to put on/get off, yet stays on! LOL

LOL! Yeah that would be mine too, its funny how its always the little things...

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
Its been done. Theres one at l'ecole de Cadre Noir which (get this) you can ride a course of jumps on using your legs and reins to give aids in the normal way. I'll see if I can find a photo of it and post it for you, basically its a horse that you sit on (not a real one of course) and a large screen video display.

It would be dead easy to put all the dressage tests on CD-rom in a way that lets you ride them on the computer using the mouse to give the aids. Again that's possibly even a commersial idea depending on the market. Compared to the complexity of the flight simulator games you can buy, riding a gg around a rectangle of grass should be eeee zzz

sunflower

Visit site
I like that idea - right now I'd settle for something that puts my right leg in the correct position and keeps it there (and not superglue which my instructor threatened me with last week)

RunToEarth

Visit site
Some huge hand attatched to the front of my saddle to give me a slap every time position slips or lower leg goes under...better still I could stick my instructor on top of the saddle..

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
like it, anything to do with finding out where your leg it and what its doing is easy to do. I still think an instructor with a slightly masochistic streak is the best way of keeping ones leg in the correct position

sunflower

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My legs are ok, it's the bit underneath my boobs I have trouble with! It wiggles
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of me wiggles
blush.gif
My left leg is fine but my right leg just won't stay in the right place
mad.gif

teapot

Visit site
My instructor tied my arms together around the elbows with plaiting cotton - it wasn't done loosely either!

Automatic changing of height wings for jumps, so dont have to keep getting on and off to adjust the cups

S_N

Visit site
Self harrowing arenas; tack that puts itself on and cleans itself; horses that not only muck themselves out, but also groom themselves, de-tangle their own tails and plait their own manes; a brain for Tony Blair; underwear that holds in EVERY single roll, lump, bump, wiggle, wobble - but is actually COMFORTABLE to ride in; Self cleaning boots (for both horse and human alike); Horses that DON'T grow winter coats - labour saving and good for environment, as no electric used for clipping.............. urmmm can't think of anything else.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be really good if someone could link an equisimulator to a 360degree video screen, so that someone could practise say dressage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, I'd like one of those for jumping!! So you get to practise your position, as well as strides, etc.

S_N

Visit site
I thought the arena one had been done - wasn't sure...

What about the brain for Tony Blair - any news on that?

serena2005

Visit site
how funny are you lot!!
i want spongie springy things attached to my horses feet so it doesnt matter how hard the ground is, so we can jump on any surface!!

virtal cross country course, real looking fences without the worry of killing yourself going over them!

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
not only that, you can get self mucking out stables - again eg l'ecloe de Cadre Noir

What about the brain for Tony Blair - any news on that?

no I think we're completely stuffed on that one

i want spongie springy things attached to my horses feet so it doesnt matter how hard the ground is, so we can jump on any surface!!

Well OK that's not a completely impossible idea either but I won't go off on that one unless some really really really wants to know about it

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
not only that, you can get self mucking out stables - again eg l'ecloe de Cadre Noir

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh but do the horses have to be removed from the stables first? I know a 2 horses that have been trained to ONLY wee in a huge bucket and do all their dropping on the rubber matting - their shavings are ALWAYS spotless!!

serena2005

Visit site

Well OK that's not a completely impossible idea either but I won't go off on that one unless some really really really wants to know about it

[/ QUOTE ]

i know the farrier has showed me the stuff to pump inside the horses shoe.... but i want ones you can put on and take off, depending on the type of ground!!

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
good question I can't rememer. What I think happens is that the line of stables is built on a conveyer belt and when a bell rings every morning the horses are conditioned to stand up and (this is where I lose the plot) come to the front of the stable where they're not standing on the belt. Then the poo is transported sideyways to the end of the stable line where it drops into a skip. I seem t remember Argie Spew has been to L'C N, so maybe she/others people can fill in the details. It's 10 years since I was there.

I know I was impressed although I reackon we should scrap individual stables for horses and group house them as cattle, then we could deep littler them and muck out once a year with a JCB.
smile.gif

serena2005

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know I was impressed although I reackon we should scrap individual stables for horses and group house them as cattle, then we could deep littler them and muck out once a year with a JCB.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
that sound like someone that used to be at our old yard... im not lieing the beds were at least 3 ft deep, there was a ramp made of shavings going down to the stables door, the 12hh welsh looked like a horse!

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
yup, I used to do that too, it was great, the only potential difficulty was getting horses to live together in a confined space without booting hell out of each oher but to be honest it wasnt a problem if you were sensible about introducing them to each other before stickingthem all in together. They did end up about 3' above ground level by the time we cleared the bedding but the saving intime and bedding was unbelievable. I should say this was on a farm so the idea of keeping horses in their own little houses and carefully cleaning them out every day by hand use to completely blow the mind of the non-horsey farm staff who were struggling to survive with 200 head dairy cattle!

MagicMelon

Visit site
An ejection saddle?? It knows when your about to fall off so launches into the air then floats gently to the ground. Wonderful.

OR simply a horse mind reader. Its a device which clips onto the bridle, reads the horses brain and speaks out through the built in speaker! THAT would pretty much solve everything!