OK if you could invent any...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I might have to try that one!
grin.gif

SueAllen

Visit site
LOL at that idea!! Just imagining the abuse and swearing that would come out of my horse speaker, particularly as I am floating to the ground in the ejection saddle!! He pulls faces that speaks volumes - if I could actually hear his thoughts I think they would be x-rated!!! F

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
I'd like something that helped you see a stride when jumping, I'm myopic and have terrible astigmatism in my left eye and I often used to "see" a stride that didn't exist in this dimension... it was alright on horses that had the sense to ignore me, but occasionally you get a horse that goes "OK so" and takes off ~ brown trouser time!!

And a "airbag" type jacket - you put it on and attach a cord to a D ring, and if you fall off, the cord gets pulled and the jacket inflates (like that Mars Rover thing) so that when you hit the ground you get a soft landing...

Beanyowner

Visit site
Hmmm...

something that can help the GB Equestrian team....

DRESSAGE - Money! So we haven't got to sell all of our good horses to foreign countries!

Maybe some kind of self reeling rein...so when eventers take a long one over a fence they haven't got to worry about letting the rein slip as it will reel itself back in quickly afterwards ready for the next fence! Would be a bit tricky though...how would it tell it was being slipped or not...perhaps each individual rider could set a 'comfort' length or something.

Studs that you don't loose half way round a XCC no matter how tight you do them up!!
wink.gif

Perhaps a tension gauge to go on the rein...so you can tell what kind of tension your horse likes (as in doesn't argue against) so then this level of contact can be used at its optimum to gain a better way of going.

A magical type of bit that every horse will like!!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Ummm...

Some sort of supportive boot that might stand a chance of actually preventing tendon injury!

A 'saddle seatbelt'...might actually be dangerous though!
wink.gif

But personally I still think money is the best option...allow them to really be able to fund their training at the best possible facilities with the best trainers. To be able to keep our good horses in this country and not sell them abroad because no one over here will back the sport 100% when it is truely needed.
To stop throwing money at Greenwich as a location for the 2012 Olympics and actually pump some decent funding in to some new permanent structures or support the ones which already exist. Sorry gone off on a tangent there!

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And a "airbag" type jacket - you put it on and attach a cord to a D ring, and if you fall off, the cord gets pulled and the jacket inflates (like that Mars Rover thing) so that when you hit the ground you get a soft landing...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's been done already - you can buy them

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
I didn't realise our horsey talent was trotting out of the country, shame, there seems to be £900 thousand quid on offer from UK sport to the whole of the equestrian team for.... well theres a long list of stuff on the UK sport web site. You could but a few nice gee gees for £900k.

I like the one about the studs, have you tried putting a blob of superglue on the shoe before you screw in the stud? The shoe has got to be clean for it to stick but nail varinish remover on a tissue does well enough.

Beanyowner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I like the one about the studs, have you tried putting a blob of superglue on the shoe before you screw in the stud? The shoe has got to be clean for it to stick but nail varinish remover on a tissue does well enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then how exactly do you get the stud back off of the shoe when it comes to loading it back in the lorry...I am sure most people do not want holes in their lorry floors!!!!
crazy.gif

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
Ahhhh that's the clever bit, the superglue doesn't stop you getting the stud out it stops it from starting to loosen while its in use. It makes it a bit more difficult to start to loosen it with the spanner but you can always smack the spanner with a hammer and it will turn then OK.

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's been done already - you can buy them

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
shocked.gif
Where?!?!