OK i'm a bit proud of my boy !!!!!!

Scoopy

Visit site
History ! Ex racer only started doing flat work (my last instructor said he would never make a dressage horse so i was a bit down hearted about it but i believe in my horse he can), and oh yeah i hate dressage !

We had our first dressage lesson with a top trainer on Saturday and i would love to share with you what happened ?

Loaded up sat, in the pouring rain, got to this new place, and well my boy was a star, tacked him up in the indoor school and he just was so relaxed, even the rain was lashing on the roof big time, and there was stallions about in the yard. So trainer came and said hello, she wanted me to warm him up like normal, he was such a good boy, i learned how to square halt him, and he learned this straight off, and i learned how to open my hands and give even weight across his mouth, then she said can i have a sit............ GULP................ OK !

Well my ex racer started to do leg yielding and turn on the fore hand and well he totally looked like a dressage horse, he did try his race horse tricks with her, but she opened her hands to him, and wow what a different horse. She totally fell in love with him, and said i had a true horse and a real bargain, then she started to talk about when he gets to medium level stuff .........
crazy.gif
and i would have no problems eventing him????? i got a bit lost at that point as i was just amazed how he was going in her hands !

All in all i'm so impressed with my horse the way he handled the who day, the travelling in the rain, the rain lashing on the school, and the way he looked like a dressage horse and how willing he was to please her. We videoed the who thing and i showed it to my mate who was amazed by the way he took it all in his stride.

Its so nice when a plan comes together
smile.gif

Scoopy

Visit site
Over the moon..................... i'm jumping on the moon !

She would like me to get a dressage saddle as well GULP ! could someone please tell me what a dressage saddle it ! (JOKE)
tongue.gif

ljubb

Visit site
Congratualtions - i have a 4yr ex race mare who is going like a super star we jumped under saddle the other day for the first time. which was great seen as though she stopped at a pole on the ground when we first loose schooled her!!

Given time there is no reason why you and your horse cant achieve your goals - keep the lessons up and have faith in you and your horse.

Are you going to do any of the ex-racehorse classes?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh Deb, that’s fantastic! I told you that I know you had a dressage horesy on your hands!
Sky is such a credit to you!

So when’s the next lesson!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeah, I knew you would become a dressager! I can recommend the Wintec as a cheapish dressage saddle.

I’m really proud of you!

So you gonna book yourself into a test? You just know you need to use what you have learnt!

Scoopy

Visit site
Thats the thing i need to get out there and do some tests now, then hopefully maybe next year do some eventing on some tickets for some fun.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo prooud of him !

M_G

Visit site
I did warn you that she would give you a dressage passion and she never looks down her nose at any horse even had good things to say about the very lazy saff
shocked.gif