Ok, it’s got to be done! The nickname thread (including cats!)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
You haven’t lived! They are very rare though, so I am not surprised. I always get told she’s a labradoodle. It’s a pity as CCRs are lovely dogs, but everyone seems to want a dog with a cute name. Their coat stays that length, so no costly trimming!View attachment 90608View attachment 90606

Ooh, thank you! She’s fabulous!

No grooming? I need one, maybe two! ?

PurBee

Visit site
Im often heard calling-out a bemusing collection of nicknames at my whole crew: Baloona, Tick, Looney, Bunty, Billum, Kitten, Po-gee, Wooj, Fatty, Pingu, Sugar-puff, Mr Marley, Merly.

My OH is included in that list too ?

Annette4

Visit site
Most of Dobby's won't get through the swear filter but he's also called middle child and idiot boy.

Ginny is pig, pigpig, the baby, crackhead and crack fox.

Fizz is Princess, the diva, perfect child and p1ssypants (there was an accident during her first season ?)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We called the JRTs collectively 'The Gits'. I am sure all JRT owners will empathise. They had beautiful manners and excellent recall when on a walk, we took them to woods and the beach, allover the place, in the car and on foot with no problem whatsoever (once Sadie had grown out of being car-sick) but they spent every moment at home getting into some sort of trouble.

I used to have a tiny dark tortoiseshell cat called Posy, who soon became Posy-pom because she looked like 2 pompoms with legs and a stubby tail. She was the most feisty cat I've ever known.

HeresHoping

Visit site
Dhahabu (means 'golden' in Swahili is usually referred to as Bums. Some transmogrification. I think it came about because we called him 'Habus' for short and the non-African members of the family thought we'd called him Bumbles.

Jinny is known as Pinball. Because she was Jinny Pins and she pings around.

My daughter is called Doods. A diminution of Tabitha, you know.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Cecil is mostly Cecelia or Pig dog, this is because he reminded us of a piglet when he was little and my non doggy mum once commented he reminded her of that film, what was it…. Babe! ??
He’s Cecelia to me.
Basil is Bees.
Spud is just that really although when he’s very good or smug he’s Spudlington Fairbanks ?‍♀️?

Books'n'dogs

Visit site
Clover is Clove(s), Clovy, Aussie Girl, Pig (only my brothers call her that, unfortunately she responds).

Shadow is Shad, Shadowkins, Shaddy Boy, Pup pup, Puppykins (tried to give that nickname to Clover when she was a puppy and he was outraged), and when he is in desperate need of a haircut he is Scruffy, Scruff or Scruffykins.

I never nicknamed Willow but I frequently added dear or darling after her name.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Ivy the GLP (German Longhaired Pointer for those not in the know!) is nicknamed - Weasel, because she’s such a weasely teachers pet and hates being told off ?

Pippa the Damnation gets called all sorts- pipstick, Pippi, Pippi long stockings

Simon the cat is generally referred to as - Sh!tten, sh!tbag & squimon ?

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Our springer Jess was Jooper, don't know why but she responded to it. Our new pup Daisy is called Crazy Daisy as she is a sprocker and lives up to the name completely, she is quite nuts.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
L-R:
Hudson (American Cocker) - Hudders, Huddle, Spangle
Yoshi (Japanese Chin) - Bosh, Boshers, Yosh Bosh, No, Leave it, Oi, FFS, ..you get the picture ??
Arlo (Great Dane) - Arlolo, Arly Farley, House Horse, MOVE!
Kodi (Japanese Chin) - Kodi Pops, Koko, WTF, no, stoppit, FFS, leave it, get out of there, put that down, get off there...there is a running theme with the Chins ????20220327_115755_resize_1.jpg

pistolpete

Visit site
My lovely old Felix coloured cat was called Syd but became Sydney Robert aka sydBob. My ginger cat called Tinker became Dave. Current lurcher Meg is known as ploppy or poo. Or the Megladon! In shark mode.