OK. Time For Wellie Recommendations

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
So that's it, summer is over and autumn on the way and I'm thinking about wet weather footwear.

I bought myself some Dubarries last year - hugely disappointed. So going back to rubber.

I'm happy to spend a bit of money on boots that will keep my feet dry and that I can walk several miles a day in.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
My recommendation is for Sherwood wellies, £25 from my local tack shop, I expect you can get them from other tack shops etc. They are a bit shorter than Muckboots etc but they are the best value wellies I have had for years. Aigles were the worst, they only lasted 6 weeks but I have also had (once) Muckboots, Joules, Barbour, and just about every other make you can think of. The Sherwoods lasted the whole of last winter and I have just bought a new pair for this winter, there is also a choice of colours.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Grubs frostline. Used to be a muck boots person but they never lasted a winter whereas the grubs ones do, are cheaper and just as comfy.

chaps89

Visit site
Le Chameau without a doubt. I moved onto my 3rd pair earlier this year but the previous two pairs both did 3 or 4 years each. Not cheap but considering they're worn daily and not looked after I find them incredibly comfortable and worth every penny.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Le Chameau for me as well. I bought the ones with the adjustable calf, I think they are called Vierzonord. They are the men's ones but go down to a size.6. Apparently women can't have big calves. They are brilliant though. I was fed up of spending £75 or so on a new pair of wellies that would only last one winter and a half, so saved up and bought the Le Chameaus when they were on sale.

I did have a pair of pink neoprene Muck Boots and although they were great, they developed a hole in the neoprene where my heel would lie which resulted in massive blisters and the boots being chucked in the bin. I have had Ariat ones but they developed holes in the foot where the rubber flexes. Hopefully my LCs will last as long as my cousin's ones - she's had them about six or seven years now.

little_critter

Visit site
I keep buying Goodyear Pathfinder wellies. They are a bit heavy because they have a thick sole, but that thickness keeps your feet off the cold ground. They have never split and last well.

C1airey

Visit site
Avoid the Caldene Westfield wellies. Mine lasted no time at all before splitting across the toe. I now work for an outdoorsy retailer and we get loads of these returned.

scats

Visit site
I loved my Ariats but unfortunately they split on the toe after a very short space of time. Was given a new pair by customer service with no fuss at all, but they also split within a few months of very minimal use (no mud, just rainy weather).
They were the warmest and comfiest wellies I’ve ever had, so I was really disappointed.

Berpisc

Visit site
I have just bought some muck boots that have a decent grippy sole(hopefully) that were on offer at Burghley, so time will tell.
The best boots for grip that I found were Nora's that I used to wear when I was milking cows but they have no lining (so that you can wash them out) and used to last well. I wanted to try something a bit warmer.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I bought some calf length muck boots with the arctic liner/sole last year they are fab though not the most stylish things.

EventingMum

Visit site
I love Aigle wellies, Le Chameau didn't suit my feet and cracked across the instep but Aigle's have lasted well, they had good grip and last well - the leather lined ones are great and I got my last ones at a huge discount.

JillA

Visit site
My Aigle ones are two years in and still doing the job well - lovely and warm and tolerate me walking half a mile every day on tarmac. The shop that sold them to me provided a boot jack, said because too many people ruin them by prising them off just on the join of the sole and the back of the boot.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Decathlons fishing wellies. Honestly the best and comfiest wellies I've ever owned and available in two heights. I've worn mine for four winters now and they're still comfy with plenty of grip. Best £8 ever spent

twiggy2

Visit site
I bought decathlon neoprene lined wellies last winter, £24, they have had a lot of wear, are fantastically warm and are about to start their second winter.
I have not had a pair of wellies last more than one winter for years so I am very pleased with them.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I use dunlop puroforts, they are really light which helps my back no end, they do come with warmer linings if preferred but I do put good (superfeet) insoles in them for walking.