Ok

Daniel_Jack

Visit site
In between the tears and grief try to allow a little pride to creep in. If all owners were like you, any animal not just horses, there would be no suffering, no fear and no need for animal welfare officers like me. All animals deserve an owner like you, sadly many are not as lucky as the horse you have just made the right decision for.

Thank you. I think part of my guilt is due to this option not being more commonly used. I'm trying to reassure myself that the people who I know will judge my decision are the people who would happily pass off their horses to others just to wash their hands of them - or keep clearly lame horses going with limited or any pain management or treatment.

If people did change their mindset to see this as a justifiable option then it would vastly reduce the number of horses suffering.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Thank you. I think part of my guilt is due to this option not being more commonly used. I'm trying to reassure myself that the people who I know will judge my decision are the people who would happily pass off their horses to others just to wash their hands of them - or keep clearly lame horses going with limited or any pain management or treatment.

If people did change their mindset to see this as a justifiable option then it would vastly reduce the number of horses suffering.
But it is commonly used, look at the amount of people on this forum alone who have also had to make that awful decision too, your not alone ?