Okay, so who's hoovered a horse?

Allie5

Visit site
I admit to also using a hairdryer and straightners .....I worked at a Fell pony stud and believe me they worked a treat on all that feather!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've toyed with the idea of using a bog standard cylinder, but never have, only because of the risk of it clogging & breaking though. Yard I worked on in the late 90's had a proper horse one, but for fully clipped horses that were washed off & regularly bathed, with nice dry fields, it wasn't worth the faffing to set up & clean after. We mainly only used it on his kids hairy ponies every few weeks.
I have blow dried entire ponies, & used straightening irons too. And did once use a pressure washer. Basically a very hairy cob with a coat like a ducks, been turned away for a year, & it was unseasonably hot, even though only early march. He wasn't moulting, & apart from the fact he was coming back into work, he was incredibly sweaty & uncomfortable. Too greasy to clip, & we couldn't manage to penetrate his coat even with a spray attachment. So we used a power washer. Only a household one with adjustable settings. And I tried it on my leg first, although it tingled it wasn't uncomfortable. It really worked, managed to drenched him enough to bath then clip. I can't imagine many would be overly impressed, but he was so chilled it wasn't even a consideration he might object.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Unless you're really good at playing it, I don't blame him. :p It's an instrument which I think has to be played well to not set your teeth on edge. :D

I was never talented musically and, iirc, the violin had one broken string, so it would be fair to say it did not sound good :cool:

I have to say JFTD those pictures made me laugh out loud, totally mad but hilarious! :D

Any more? :)

Since you ask...

346093802a10968688309l.jpg

drum horse?

346093802a10968688206l.jpg

346093802a10968688294l.jpg

Not the same but I used to jump down grids, pick my jacket up off the first wing, then put it on before the end of the grid:

31434_513062384497_7042517_n.jpg

play fake polocrosse

47862_514374539927_2443806_n.jpg

I also have millions with flags, swords, other random stuff, even one of me reading a book while cantering up a track somewhere :eek: lots of general stupidity too (riding a just backed rising 4 y/old tackless in a field, standing on unrestrained horse's backs, trick training etc) Any normal horse would have killed me for all this :eek:

I swear these are all old, I wouldn't advocate riding hatless now :eek:

Dolcé

Visit site
Oh God, the trusty electric groomer! I hate to say it but we have one and it is OH's pride and joy! It has been sat in a cupboard for the last 3 years or so because we didn't really have the facilities to use it safely but I suspect, with our recent relocation, that it will be coming back into daily use! Personally I hate it, it reminds me of the little hand held dirt devil I had years ago (in fact I am sure that is what it is really) but I suppose it is good to get them used to noise close up! We saw the clip on the Martin Clunes programme and I got a rollicking for calling it a hoover (friend came next day and said the same thing but just got a dirty look) it is an electric groomer so you won't be hoovering the horse you will be electric grooming it!

flirtygerty

Visit site
I nearly did, got our mare used to just the pipe and head going over her, then attached pipe to cylinder machine, all was going great, until I switched it on.
Damn thing blew the lights.
Our old GSD used to insist on getting hoovered