Old kit!

Parrotperson

Visit site
I still have mine. But I used them mainly in USA and for riding Western and barback, so I have not worn them recently.

I used mine practically everyday. Yard work, walking dogs and riding. Loved them

The new ones are slightly less pliable but otherwise much the same. Let’s see if they will last 15 years. Doubt it somehow but will see.

Ratface

Visit site
Ariat Bromonts which must be 25 years old, if not more. Old leather bridles and Neue Schule bits, ditto. A riding mac that's so old that the label has faded to invisibility. Hunter green wellies also 25 years plus. All still in excellent working order.

Julia0803

Visit site
I’ve got an original metal pitch fork from my first pony when I was a teenager. It’s got to be 22+ years old.

I also have an old dandy brush from the same time, tho it’s lost quite a few bristles. I think that what from her original grooming kit, so probably about 25 years old!

My wheel barrow died recently. It was a metal builders one- absolutely solid and a big size (unlike the flimsy plastic ones you see in tack shops that cost £££). I bought it second hand ten years ago. It lived outside a lot of its life, and when it didn’t live outside, it was inside and 1/2 full. Eventually the ammonia caused the bolts to rust away and it came away from its frame but it had a hard life, and I think it was at least 15 years old being used daily. Best tenner I’ve spent in a long while!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
plastic shovel.. over 20 years
Nuumed GP pro pad .. just retired after pretty constant use ( the horse it was bought for was PTS in 2008)
Riding whip.. bought when my daughter was about 13, she is 47
Rhino wugs, various..bought about 2005
Rambo wug.. came second hand with a horse I bought in 2003, not used for 3 years as hasn’t been cold enough
A trug.. bought from Robinsons when you used the catalogue

Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
I have had to replace many things over the years but I have one or two bits of kit that have truly stood the test of time. A gorgeous quilted mark todd coat that in fairness I haven’t worn a lot but is sooo nice and at least 14 years old. Also my Toggi Calgary boots. Both of which have had a new zip but are still in pretty good nick. My Ariat Bromonts are still good too. Well over ten years but again only worn for lessons and riding. What have you got that’s lasted yonks?
My snow shovel that's lasted me since 1998 (the stave has been changed twice but the plastic scoop is worn but fine and I won't let anyone use it) It's just the right weight for me. And my wheelbarrow that I've had since 1996!

abbijay

Visit site
I have a number of rugs that have been used every winter for the last 12 years; a weatherbeeta fleece, a derbyhouse waffle rug and a Big Horse Shop stable rug. They are all faded and tatty but they are all perfectly functional.
I don't tend to replace stuff until it's truly dead so I have a lot of buckets, saddlecloths and leatherwork from my first winter of horse ownership (14 years ago).
However the oldest thing i have and use regularly is my trusty yellow dandy brush. I got it when i was 7 and I'm 39 now. I also still have a plastic Horse & Pony Magazine hoof pick in my tack box but that's more for decoration than use.

suestowford

Visit site
I have a pair of short lace-up Mountain Horse boots which must be getting on for 20 years old. They are so comfortable, have steel toecaps and hold my dodgy ankle together, I shall be devastated when they give up the ghost. They're as good for walking in as riding too.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I have a brass browband from my first pony 50 yrs ago also first dandy brush. Jeffries saddle and bridle from 1998. All in use.
Not in use, but old.
In a bottom cupboard I have a cavesson noseband and plain reins bought for my first pony. He was purchased as a foal in autumn 1966. I suppose the original bridle, from a saddlery shop in Essex, was bought about 1969.
They haven’t been used since I lost him in 1992 but aren’t going anywhere.