Oldencraig Livery

wingedhorse

Visit site
Hi. I am looking at moving livery yards and wondered what Oldencraig is like?

You can see all the facilities and prices on website.

They don't turnout much, and there is little off road hacking.

Have regular affiliated and unaffiliated dressage competitions there.

What do you want to know?

Eventer2017

Visit site
Thanks. I have seen the facilities and am happy with them but more so wanted to know from current or previous liveries about what the staff are like, happy and well looked after horses etc. ��

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I bought a horse from the owners of Oldencraig. He was looked after well but was the most shut down, withdrawn horse imaginable. Took him a year to adapt to being kept in a normal way. He hadn't a clue what grass was.

His routine was on the walker, on the lunge, under saddle, have a bath and return to his stable, repeat the dose daily. He was in the stallion barn were the stables are sizeable. However when I qualified him for the RIHS and returned to Oldencraig for a weeks livery (DIY) as I didn't want to stable at Hickstead, I was put in the livery blocks. Those stables are tiny breeze block prison cells, he lay down and banged his eye and then spent the next 3 nights stood up.

I would advise you to make sure you know where the horse will be kept, there is little grazing and all the staff I met spoke little to no English. Plenty of competitions and several schools. Hacking isn't good and was busy when I tried the horse I bought.