Oldencraig report - very happy

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
Well on Saturday i went to Oldencraig to take my SJ mare for her second ever dressage - now 12 months ago she had a horrific accident which meant I currently cant jump her and she now finds canter on the right rein very hard (she injured her left hind)

So we were going for the W+T and the Prelim 17 - after my friends horse being a nightmare to load we rushed down there and i got on 15 mins to warm up - went in and it was the same judge as last time who spoke to me and told me to ride her more forwards - was very pleased with her (as she didnt have much warm up) and we finished with a perfect square halt !! the judge smiled and told me how much better than last time it was !!

I came away with 2nd and 61% (roughly) !!

Then the prelim - I had a few people tutting as to get her working properly i did some leg yield etc in warm up - which she finds very easy but then she cant canter (if she could i would be out at novice/elementary level) !!

anyway went in and walk and trot were fantastic - then canter was ok much better than last time so i was pleased - came away with 58% so really really pleased !!!

Anyway some pics of us - let me know what you think??? (also in Photo Gallery)

Saradressage1.jpg

my perfect halt !!
Saradressage2.jpg

saradressage7.jpg

saradressage6.jpg

saradressage5.jpg

very pleased with my pony !!
saradressage8.jpg

thanks for looking x

catembi

Visit site
Wow - must have been a hard-marking judge as you look to be going really well! Wish my horse would go like that!

Pasha

Visit site
Big well done Stacey - I remember you posting the pictures of her injuries and they were pretty awful, so what a star she is to come back from that and being a mummy to do so well in a relatively short space of time!

Will you be able to jump her again or is she destined for a dressage diva career?

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
yes she will be able to jump again hun but im actually (secretly) enjoying teaching her stressage !!!!

picture for anyone who doesnt know what she did !!

Saracut.jpg