Older cats and Whiskas

RhossT

Visit site
Has anyone else found that Whiskas isn't well tolerated in an older cat? Last two cats we had were always sick after eating it. I wondered if it had a higher protein content than other types of food and this didn't work well with their reduced kidney function. However, current cat has no kidney problems and has also started being sick after Whiskas.

RhossT

Visit site
Is it something they have always had a problem with or did it start as they got older? Just curious, really. Never had a problem with Felix.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
They have always been sick with them but more so with Whiskers than Felix. They also get terrible colitis and diarrhoea which is just disgusting, stinky and must be painful for them too. They now get a combination of Hills I/D or K/D and Applaws which seems to keep them regular.

On the other hand my year old yard cats are both moggies rather than pedigree cats and they wolf either down with no trouble at all but they do catch their own so have more roughage than the pampered British shorthairs.

RhossT

Visit site
Sounds awful. Current cat is moggie but has never been much of a hunter. It is only within last year or so she has had this problem. With the other two cats, it was in the last couple of years of life that they started being sick with the Whiskas.