oli townend

Visit site
yet again BE invent new rules for ythe top riders. Oli got knocked out in Ireland and instead of getting the mandatory 3 weeks they reduce it to 1 so he can ride at badminton. Come on BE get a grip!!!!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Haven't a clue who he rides for so could be completely wrong but any chance that could give some idea why he's been fast tracked?!
It's so unfair on others that have been in the same position; must leave a nasty taste in their mouths!

BBs

Visit site
Whats annoying, this isnt the first time. Then you get the likes of MRussells OH who wasnt knocked out but damaged his arm. hes not allowed to ride again until he gets written confirmation from a doc which will cost them over £60.
I do wonder with a BE doc around would the likes of Ollie be asked to pay these fees?

sw123

Visit site
They do pay the fees and they do see the doctors, any of us can get ourselves off the suspended list if we want to and know the right people. If its the way you make your living sometimes you have to do it whether it is good for your health or not.

Another event rider broke his foot exactly the way i did at exactly the same time (well 2 days before) and was riding abd competing again when really neither of us could really walk. Not great but as he said - he earns no money when he's not doing it so hasn't got a choice. Thing is I'll be able to walk in the future and he won't!!

BBs

Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up, cos I didnt know (thats why i asked the question really).
Equally i do think its a bit daft having the rule and then having it over written.

Cate21

Visit site
As long as you pay to see a doctor and they give you the all clear you can ride.
A rider I know was knocked out and suspended but had rides entered. She rang BE Chairman demanding to ride as she was fine and he told her to pay for check up and she would be able to compete if Doctor said she was ok.
Like you say to some people it is there income and they cant afford to take time off.