Ollie vet report following on from last post r.e. poss hairline fracture

kerryflower

Visit site
Hello everybody,
The Mothership has told me about all of your well wishes to me and I’d like to thank you all so much for all of your good luck and crossed fingers...it worked!
So I had a pretty horrific day yesterday. She rocks up early (first shock!) and tries to get near my leg...obviously trying to chop it off so I got a whack for nearly kneeing her face off. So she decided to have an affair right in front of my face and put the kicking culprit out in the field, leaving me shut in. :mad: Then she wields the clippers at me and shaved all of my ginger locks off. Livid! So when I think fiiiinally I get to go out and play another lady shows up and tries to touch my bad leg. So I promptly make sure she doesn’t even get close to getting a chainsaw and wave my back legs at her. So the evil witch disappears (I think “winner!”) but then turns back up in my stable and sticks a metal stick in my neck and squirts some sleeping juice in my neck rendering me powerless to object to the poking about of my leg. To my horror she then bandaged it from top to bottom like a peg leg with the most hideous neon green....didn’t do much for my now naked skin tone. As she left, her and the Mothership were conspiring and I was most disgruntled to then be tied up with two ropes by the door with water and haylage so I decided to try a great escape and broke my head collar twice. In the end Mother managed to calm me down and pacify me with a delicious horselyx. She left me there ALL night....did treat me to new PJS though. I wasn’t impressed and kept swishing my tail so she knew!
PC170686.jpg

She kept me happyish until 1am and then arrived at 6am this morning and seemed shocked to not find me careering around my stable...This was me at death o clock.....
PC170684.jpg

So she tidied my bed up, gave me more food and horselyx (yum!) and gave me a pretty good groom (obviously sucking up to me to stop me from texting the RSPCA....) This was my neglected RSPCA face (my caption would be FML!)
PC170695.jpg

After my groom she gave me my gobstopper (horselyx again...delish) and I was a little happier
PC170706.jpg

PC170715.jpg

But I was determined to defy everyone and prove I could move my leg in the stupid bandage and tried to lie down! The battle axe wouldn’t let me though
PC170717.jpg

She then left me at 10 telling me she would be back at 12 .... I was not happy to be abandoned again  I was minding my own business enjoying my lick when,
PC170723.jpg

to my horror, mum went to greet a man in suspicious looking overalls and machine. He then proceeded to squirt more juice in my neck which made me go like this....
PC170725.jpg

Will the worst day ever ever end?!?!

Yes....he took some pictures of my bones which made Mum smile a lot and hug and kiss me a lot...eugh....took the godforsaken bandage off and put squirted more juice in my neck (steroids and antibiotics I’m told). I was then freed of the ropes and was joyously reunited with my lovely bed and likit ball 
PC170730.jpg

PC170735.jpg

PC170737.jpg

I’m spoilt for choice!
PC170727.jpg

So I have to stay in for 5 days until Doc comes again but MUCH better than being tied up...may wait until after Xmas until I report her to RSPCA...I understand a new dressage saddle is on its way for me  Thankyou all very much for good luck wishes and lots of sloppy horselyx love and kisses from Ollie aka Ginger nInja
PC170739.jpg

Sorry so long and so many pics...I love myself a bit.....

kerryflower

Visit site
Thank you all again! The relief is amazing! He is going to be even more pampered and probably become even more of a diva. Not sure I can get away with the hefty vet's bill as a xmas pressie for him tho hehe. Onwards and upwards eh. Looking ofrward to hoping seeing some of u at some point next season :D

meesha

Visit site
soo pleased for you, what a relief and nice that he hasnt called the RSPCA yet !! although expect he has them on speedial haha!!

halt_at_x

Visit site
Ollie is very handsome and I am glad the first x-rays showed no problems. I don't want to be the voice of doom but if he is not significantly improved by his next vet visit you may want to consider repeating the x-rays or sending him for a bone scan.
My pone was kicked on 7th Dec. Weight bearing but only just. By the next morning he was fully weight bearing , but didn't make any further progress. There was no heat or swelling anywhere to be seen. He had x-rays on 13th Dec, which showed nothing, so we took him to Rossdales on 15th. They re-x-rayed the whole limb and found nothing so he had a bone scan on 16th which revealed a fracture. If we'd relied on the x-rays we may have turned him back out once sound in walk, with potentially disastrous consequences.
I hope that Ollie makes a full and speedy recovery.

kerryflower

Visit site
thanks halt-at-x. The vet did warn us that he may need another one if he isn't better so had it in the back of my mind :) Am hoping he will be ok. He was walking well on it today when I took him for a grass walk. So keeping everything crossed :)

meesha- obviosuly he has them on speed dial...he has a very difficult life as you can probably see.....I mean what monster would force him to be clipped, be poked around with, left tied up for 24hours with a peg leg and then be knocked out all in one day....oh ye, me. It' s just a matter of time before Redwings turn up I'm sure after Ollie scrawls a note to them...hehehe

livvyc_ria - thank you....he has a very big head now :) I will send him to you as long as I can forward you the vets bills too..... :p

halt_at_x

Visit site
thanks halt-at-x. The vet did warn us that he may need another one if he isn't better so had it in the back of my mind :) Am hoping he will be ok. He was walking well on it today when I took him for a grass walk. So keeping everything crossed :)
That is good news. Mine was still lame in walk on turns 9 days after injury when the fracture was found (and probably still would be lame on turns if he was allowed out of his box).