Olympia on red button

{97702}

Visit site
Can't believe the idiots at BBC halted transmission before the prize giving! I love Uthopia but absolutely delighted Carl won, no-one deserves it more than him :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
great that carl won but what a swizz we don't get to see the prizegiving...it has switched back to the superbowl...why oh why cant the bbc let us have the extra 5 mins or so to finish off the evening...we never get any interviews etc but the other male dominated sports seem to get so much more coverage than equestrian....I feel another little message to the bbc is in order!!!!!!

oldie48

Visit site
I saw Carl with Nip Tuck at the BD convention and am just so pleased to see him win tonight. I honestly don't believe that any other rider could have got "Barney" to this level. He's such a hot horse and so nervous, to see him perform like this in front of an Olympia crowd is just fabulous. Carl is such a fantastic rider and a lovely guy. so thrilled for him!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Fabulous evening of dressage, shame about the prize giving.

Did anyone notice the clipping on Glocks Flirt. Two oblong patches left on the flanks level with the spurs.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I have also written to the bbc saying how unhappy I was that we couldn't have another 5 mins for the prizegiving...but did also say it was great to have the coverage and the commentary options just so it wasn't allnegative....

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Fabulous evening of dressage, shame about the prize giving.

Did anyone notice the clipping on Glocks Flirt. Two oblong patches left on the flanks level with the spurs.
I assumed it was where he had been sponged off but could have been unclipped. I really felt uncomfortable watching his test as it seemed so forced especially compared with the brits especially lara. the trot work had his chin in his chest and I don't know how he got such high marks. will be interested to see the individual judges scores for all of them...

Elbie

Visit site
I assumed it was where he had been sponged off but could have been unclipped. I really felt uncomfortable watching his test as it seemed so forced especially compared with the brits especially lara. the trot work had his chin in his chest and I don't know how he got such high marks. will be interested to see the individual judges scores for all of them...

Just on my way back from watching. It did look like unclipped patches. Thought it was a bit weird!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
It is easy for fine skinned horses to mark. But then again, at that level there should not be a need to poke hard enough to mark it ?

zizz

Visit site
Seems a sensible precaution to me considering spur marks could get you eliminated, my fine skinned one had rub marks for two weeks just from riding for half hour in a new pair of boots - no Spurs!

I really felt uncomfortable watching his test as it seemed so forced especially compared with the brits especially lara. the trot work had his chin in his chest and I don't know how he got such high marks. will be interested to see the individual judges scores for all of them...

It was my second favourite test behind Carl and barney, the piaffe was something else, loved the music and his big floppy ears! Yes he got tight and too up in the neck at times, but every time he got tight, Hans-Peter did his best to get him out in front again, I didn't see anything forced, and I loved the way he mooches of in walk on a long rein at the end take in the crowds like an old pro

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Seems a sensible precaution to me considering spur marks could get you eliminated, my fine skinned one had rub marks for two weeks just from riding for half hour in a new pair of boots - no Spurs!

It was my second favourite test behind Carl and barney, the piaffe was something else, loved the music and his big floppy ears! Yes he got tight and too up in the neck at times, but every time he got tight, Hans-Peter did his best to get him out in front again, I didn't see anything forced, and I loved the way he mooches of in walk on a long rein at the end take in the crowds like an old pro

we must agree to differ, I saw a horse with chin in chest and tight through the neck in virtually all of the trot work, so even if the actual movement otherwise is ok this is not correct IMO.....at that level they should all walk off quietly...

kassieg

Visit site
Can you tell that seapatrick cruise cavalier used to be an eventer? :p

Long stride? Don't be silly, easy peasy lol

my mam was like why did he do that ? I was like cause sometimes you see a stride & you have to commit & hope for the best !! good old irish horse :)