Olympia Showjumping

Squeak

Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be many 'novelty' classes any more and that each performance seems to be the same as the next now? Whats happened to the classes like the pairs relay, six bar, ride and drive etc? They were what made olympia so fun and special and now just watching the classes that are on sky becomes a bit tedious, seeing the same riders on the same horses, jumping the same fences everyday, no wonder we have problems with the viewing figures... but look how popular the puissance is. So does anyone else miss these classes?

ThePony

Visit site
Only such a small amont actually makes the tv. Saw the eraser stakes last night and it was really brilliant, edge of seat stuff! More like that to go alongside the main class of the performance would be ace!!

CharlyOscar

Visit site
I know that the fancy dress had to be stopped due to it getting too outrangeous (can't spell) and the humour was becoming too adult orientated than children.

I know that health and safety has been a major factor as well as the rules are becoming more strict. Olympia is also a 5* show, so not sure how many of the foreign riders who come for the World Cup and prize money would take part as shown in the Puissance with one foreign rider.

I know as my parents used to be the biggest sponsor in Show Jumping that the horses are becoming more and more expensive and the prize money is becoming more important and with the health and safety laws it is very hard. Also the shows need ideas and the audeinces feedback!

But I do agree with you =)