OLYMPIC DRESSAGE THREAD

only_me

Visit site
look up!!
tongue.gif
lol

KimYoung

Visit site
A bit below par.................but isnt that the story of SO many of the performances this games? (and not just in the dressage)

KimYoung

Visit site
Interview with Kyra about her KUR

We asked Kyra a few questions about her and Max’s Kür

What made you choose your music? The music is from “Cabaret” and I have always wanted to use it but all the recordings I found were vocal. When we decided to make an original recording the choice was easy.

Who choreographed it? I did it myself.

Who put the music together? Max’s co-owner’s brother Michael Conn was a classical artist signed to Decca Records. He toured the world as one of the leading classical guitarists of his generation. He left the concert platform to write music for films and television. His credits include themes for major sporting events such as the Sydney Olympics and BBC Winter Olympics coverage. We selected the pieces of music and Michael made it happen. We spent a lot of time with him which culminated in an exciting day in the recording studio in London with 17 live musicians and a team of engineers.

What do you like about your music? I particularly like the mood of the music dating from the 1930s.

What is your favourite part of the kür? I like the whole freestyle so for me it is a complete picture both musically and choreographically.

What are the hardest parts of the kür? The most difficult parts are perhaps the pirouettes with one hand and the passage half-passes.

What do you think about when developing a kür? For me the mood of the freestyle is important. I try to find music with the same theme. When I have chosen the pieces of music I listen to it and fit the highlights of the programme with the highlights of the music (like pirouettes, changes, piaffe-passage and transitions). In that way I am able to ride to the music not manufacture the music to my ride. It is also important to me to maintain the original musical melodies rather than cutting and pasting pieces of tracks together. I also like to have clear lines and symmetry in my choreography.

Some riders have changed their music for the Olympics. You didn’t – why?
I still love our music, it suits Max so well and we have had a lot of positive feedback for it!