Olympic Dressage thread

_GG_

Visit site
I think Utopias extended trot should be used as the benchmark to which all others must strive to attain. It is quite simply perfect in every way and you could even hear the crown make a collective gasp it was so breathtaking.

I really need a wee and a cup of tea, but I just can't move :)

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Lovely test!

I snuck into our library at work to watch it on one of the broadband pcs we have in there. Can't watch it on our desk pcs. Oh and we have a tv on in our canteen :)

_GG_

Visit site
Salinero has been BTV the whole test so far.

Salinero is a stunning and extremely expressive horse, so hard for judges to mark down on his movement, but she should lose marks for BTV and the tension.

_GG_

Visit site
Well, to the untrained eye, that would be seen as an almost faultless test, so there will I am sure be people not horsey wondering why that didn't score more highly.

So, in conclusion, good to know that the judges are clearly penalising horses being BTV and on the forehand.

_GG_

Visit site
And why not, it is about time the marks reflected the method of training. I'm betting Team GB are pretty happy too :D

Yep. Just rewinded and showed my completely non horsey partner and he said, "but that looked really good...horse was obedient, did everything right, better than any you showed me earlier (first session).

Just goes to show how easy it is to see something as beautiful when in fact it is covering up a horrible method.

I am very pleased with the judges marking of these tests so far.

We have to remember that they can only and SHOULD only judge on what they see in front of them in that moment, so it is very good to see the obvious penalties for BTV, tension, on the forehand etc are sever enough to counter what would be excellent marks for accuracy and some of the movement.

Last edited:

sallyg84

Visit site
Correct judging encouraging and rewarding correct methods and a more harmonious, happy partnership between horse and rider is the only way you will truly get away from rollkur and the like. If the bad is rewarded, the bad will continue sadly. Judges should be applauded!!!