Olympic Eventing xc thread

Booboos

Visit site
Just joined the thread but have been watching most of it, why is it such a blood bath of refusals? It doesn't look impressively difficult but everyone seems lacking energy and enthusiasm.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
That looked a horrible fall. US down to 3 riders too now. Also I think Canada are - a rider had 3 refusals (someone was asking up thread)

sasquatch

Visit site
Know I'd be nowhere near this level but thought she needed to circle she'd lost all momentum. That German horse has serious scope. So could teams with a stop get a medal the impression I'm getting is a lot of teams have at least one? Know there is the discard score.

Yes, they could. Depending on the overall score and if the remaining rider is eliminated or not. Germans and NZ have had 1 eliminated, so they have no drop score and I think they've had 1 clear round each and the rest have had penalties. GB have had no clear rounds, but no eliminations. So the lowest score (most likely Gemma) will be dropped for GB, as long as Kitty isn't eliminated or ends up with more penalties than Gemma.

I think the Aussies have had the most clears/rounds with just time faults so they'll be hard to beat.

US is now out of contention on the team standings, they've had 1 retired/eliminated and another eliminated.

Shadowdancing

Visit site
Why don't the riders ever change their whip to the outside hand for these corners? It's one of the first things anyone ever told me to do, so you can wave it or tap it on the side they're more likely to run out... is it all just too quick?

Northern Hare

Visit site
Blimey that Japanese horse is so honest - he just keeps going - it's as though he's walked the course himself "don't worry Dad, I know where I'm going"....!!

sasquatch

Visit site
is this the last rider for Brazil, or do they have another rider?
I'm fairly sure there's a Brazilian team, unless I'm imagining things.