Olympic show jumpers failing drug tests....

Mac1999

Visit site
Anyone know anything more about this.
BBC website a few mins ago:

Bombshell news from the show jumping... A number of horses have tested positive for banned substances - don't know which ones or what substance. Four have been disqualified from tonight's finale - and they will also be dq'd from the team event a few days ago. GB finished 7th in the team event - so we don't think it would affect them - but we believe it could affect the medals. Think something should develop in next 10 mins with a press conference at 1100 BST.

gummybear

Visit site
I thought it was in relation to 4 showjumping horses entered into the modern pentathlon. If you arent watching it, see if you can - it is hilarious. Feel so sorry for the horses as most of those people are useless. Good on them for giving it a go, but quite amusing! Fingers crossed I am right and it isnt the showjumpers.

Mac1999

Visit site
It isn't the pantathlon :-( :-(
Cos the pentathlon horses are borrowed plus it says about the UK coming 7th in the team, which is what we were in the SJing. There isn't team pentatlon for horses.

It doesn't say it's British horses though. Let's hope not.
After John Whitaker was treated harshly by the other countries out there I hope they are just as tough on the drug cheats!!

gummybear

Visit site
Looks like I may be wrong, some of the SJ'ers have tested positive and one for being drunk! Although - I do think some of the pentathletes have also been tested positive. Why oh why do they do such silly things. Let's hope the Brits are all sensible and clear.

Mac1999

Visit site
More from the BBC

1050: Serious faces now. It has been confirmed that four horses - representing Brazil, Germany, Ireland and Norway - have been suspended for testing positive for a prohibited substance.

carys220

Visit site
No way!!! Are Norway going to lose their medal??? Surely someone has doped them maliciously for such a random group to test positive......

molehill

Visit site
It sounds a bit suspect to me as all the horses have tested positive for the same banned substance.
They have all tested positive on the "a" test so will have to have a "b" test.