Olympic SJ Individual Final Thread (with pics from Monday to keep us going til 12)

measles

Visit site
Everything possible crossed for today. Can the week get any better for equestrian disciplines? If Big Star and Triple X continue jumping as they are then surely anything is possible. I could say I will be glued to my seat but in reality I will be jumping about and unable to sit still!

I promised some photos from behind the scenes at Monday's team final and here they are to keep us going until the excitement starts at noon. There is also a video that I took of Nick, Ben and Scott watching Peter's round and realising they had won on the Avonmill Equestrian facebook page unless someone can tell me how to link it to here?

Ben hugging and kissing Triple X after their round

IMG_2538.jpg

Watching the TV screens during Peter's round and waiting. Nick had showjumping supporters leg and jumped every fence with him.

IMG_2576.jpg

Riding into the collecting area before the presentation of Olympic GOLD!

IMG_2589.jpg

Scott acknowledging us in the stands. Didn't he ride brilliantly under such extreme pressure?

IMG_2597.jpg

And we were speechless by this point - and hoarse! You can just see Nick getting up there in a hurry. It was obvious from watching behind the scenes just now much it meant to him at his age and after the injuries he has recovered from.

IMG_2599.jpg

Everything possible crossed for today, but no matter how it goes the team - and the dressage team and eventers - have given our sports the boost we needed and let's all hope we can capitalise on that in the years to come.

PorkChop

Visit site
I am soooo looking forward to the final today :D Is it the same format at usual? Do the four finalists still jump each other's horses?

Ben and Nick surely have a really good chance of a medal :)

be positive

Visit site
Good interview at the moment on BBC, Peter Charles emphasising how hard they work, its not just the athletes that get up to train every day, as we well know;)

Great photos, I jumped every fence on Monday, it was exhausting:D will be doing the same later:D

Everything crossed for more medals.

Mavis007

Visit site
They are all starting on a clean sheet. One round this morning, another this afternoon. Then jump off if needed! Keeping everything crossed for them all- will be sneakily watching again on iPhone at work so hoping not too busy...

jules89

Visit site
eeeek! So exciting! Almost hoping I don't get asked into work so I can watch ;) noon, right, my sofa and I have a DATE!

Little Nell

Visit site
Great pics. I love the one where scott is waving to you. Super excited as i'm in the office myself today so hope to be able to watch it :D