Olympic tickets - what did you get??

Olliecp77

Visit site
Confirmation of tickets out now, log on

www.tickets.london2012.com/member/ - need to copy and paste, not sure how to do a hyper link!?

I got 3 (random number I picked!) tickets for dressage freestyle - whoop whoop, delighted. Could be volunteering too. Type D, cheapist tickets, not sure where I'll be but I'm sure I'll see the arena.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
I applied for all 4 days of the Eventing and all of the dressage and I have got.......

Eventing XC and 3 days of team dressage.

Thrilled and disappointed. I had hoped that out of all the eventing I wouldn't get the XC as, hearing how everyone else missed out, I was looking forward to spending a day with the red button and the sofa watching every fence being jumped.......but I am very excited!!!

Custard Cream

Visit site
I applied for XC and team dressage and got the dressage on Aug 7th. Pleased as we've been interviewed for volunteering for the XC so could have ended up with tickets we couldn't use. Dressage tickets are for the finals and the medal ceremony, but the cheapest band so imagine we'll need our binoculars!

lielle

Visit site
two XC tickets and one eventing dressage. Very happy indeed, I'm the only one of all my friends to get any XC tickets. Will try to get the other eventing dressage and the eventing SJ as well, you never know. LOts of my friends got those and lucked out on the XC tickets.

Now I need to start working on accommodation, any tips. Camping is okay with me, and it can be quite outside the London area.

Last edited:

dotty1

Visit site
Iapplied for 2 xc tickets and didn't get them. Nevermind, will watch more on the tv and have £55 to spend elsewhere!!

RobinHood

Visit site
I got 4 tickets for day 1 team dressage and 4 tickets for day 2 eventing dressage so I'm pleased :).

I'm slightly disappointed not to get dressage freestyle or any show jumping but compared so most people I've done very well.

maree t

Visit site
I got lucky and got 6 xc tickets for me, friend and two kids each. Cant believe we were that lucky. Only tickets we applied for but might try on the second chance for some early athletics aswell if we can get the cheap ones.

Dirtymare

Visit site
I got lucky and got 6 xc tickets for me, friend and two kids each. Cant believe we were that lucky. Only tickets we applied for but might try on the second chance for some early athletics aswell if we can get the cheap ones.

As I understand it, the people who applied for tickets and were unlucky are the only ones to be able to apply for the "second chance". But I could be wrong.

I'm very very disappointed, I didnt get any that I applied for (team dressage, medal day). The only tickets left in the "second chance" are extremely expensive!!
For me, I found the whole process very unfair.

joey1999

Visit site
Two Cat A tickets for the Dressage GP Freestyle Final! Whooppee! Hoping Laura & Alf will get the gold so we can go mad!!!

belle grey

New User
Visit site
I got 2 for sychronized swimmin and 4 athletics..........could have been worse and I will just have to watch the xc and dressage on FEI TV!

Olliecp77

Visit site
LIELLE - I tried to look for accomodation but most websites said had to be a booking that will be used within the next 12 months so can't book until august!! My work seem to be quite interested in how my volunteering application goes so I have drop a big dirty hint that they could pay for accommodation - we're encouraged to volunteer in community things so they may want to help, fingers crossed anyway.

Queenbee

Visit site
I got the xc day :) I applied for day 2 eventing dressage, xc, and sj and prizegiving but am really happy about the xc plus I won't have to book a hotel now so will save on cost!

tibby

Visit site
I applied on the last day for two xc tickets, I was really surprised when I got them, I have now booked my seat on the coach to get there, sorted!

WeeBrown

Visit site
We ended up with the most expensive dressage tickets. Would have preferred xc and might have been better if you could put your ticket preference in order if it had to be balloted; seemed a bit of a silly system. It's a shame we can't pass these on to someone who already has the other phases so they could make a weekend of it. Not too disappointed as we gave it a go and will watch xc on tv like previous olympics.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
we got 2 tickets for the 4th August showjumping, bit worried though as my wedding is on 11th August but im hoping i can sit back and watch the showjumping and forget about my stressful wedding!! :)
we did pay the higher priced ticket costs, but thats because we wanted them so bad!