Olympic XC tickets

duckling

www.facebook.com
Just a heads up - I had a call from my sister this morning saying she'd had an email from the Olympic Ticket site saying as she'd tried to get tickets a few times and had been unsuccessful she had first dibs on the returned tickets.

Sooo... she just managed to get us 4 XC day tickets :D Yay!

Someone's just clarified in Soapbox that the tickets on sale today are to people who tried to get tickets both times previously then they go on general resale on Sunday, so if you tried on both the draws then check your email! :)

Thistle

Visit site
I'm so cross, tried both times but on the 2nd bout the site kept crashing, despite having got up extra early to try. Because the site kept crashing my attempts weren't logged (even though at one point I got all the way through and had confirmed?)

Bet there won't be any left by sunday

teapot

Visit site
It depends on which email you get as I can't get anything until Sunday.

That said the equestrian stuff isn't released until Tuesday for those who can't do it today & tomorrow.

ETS: from what I have read Thistle, they were expecting both ceremonies, cycling and rowing to sell out but very few other sports so fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

Vanha12

Visit site
Oh Poooooey! we couldn't try for the second time because we were 'lucky enough' (in my husband's eyes anyway) to get a couple of tickets for the beach volley ball! and the second round was just for people that hadn't got anything (at least in the first instanct)

WeeBrown

Visit site
I want to get rid of my two day eventing dressage tickets but the resale option has not been available since it crashed in Jan. I'm really fed up as have been checking every week and it keeps saying there will be another opportunity in Spring to resell your tickets....spring now!

SKW

Visit site
I can't access it until Tuesday and I'm going to be away, so looks like I'll miss out again. Haven't managed to get a single ticket for the games. :-(

GMR

Visit site
mine is tusday too...cant see how anyone is allowed them before, but it does say you can apply on mine from sunday eventing not available till sunday,
they couldnt make it more confusing if they tried,

philamena

Visit site
Well booooooooooooo. Despite trying and failing the first time around, AND trying LOTS OF TIMES and being unsuccessful the second time around, I haven't had an email saying anything. :-(

They seem to be doing a 'soft launch' of this resale, releasing a couple of sports first... presumably to eek the system into it gradually, so they can test whether it's going to fall over when everyone gets bidding... Some sports have been being offered since Sunday, and tomorrow the majority of sports' tickets are released, offered only to the 1.2m people who were unsuccessful during the first round of the ballot, first-come first-served.

Any remaining unsold tickets will be released to the general public (ie including people who DIDN'T try to get tickets in the first round) on 23rd May - not expected to apply to many equestrian tickets, eh?

Thistle

Visit site
Just read the procedure, it says that all applicants who are eligible to apply will get an email. I haven't despite my account showing that I have tried to get tickets previously :(

Any ideas how I can apply. XC day is B's 21st birthday.

teapot

Visit site
The only way to see if you can is to log into your LOCOG account as it'll tell you what you're entitled to :)

If they've not put the access onto your account, I don't think you can. Have you got any tickets? Olympic or Para? And check your spam :)

ClassicG&T

Visit site
THE WEBSITE IS DRIVING ME MAD!!

There is NO contact number anywhere for tickets, no link or anything?!?!? Its tells me i can get them, but doesnt say WHERE?!

Ticketmaster? Do have an account and have asked for emails on updates but have so far recieved none.

Anyone have contact numbers for tickets or website links pleeeaaasssee???

Thistle

Visit site
THE WEBSITE IS DRIVING ME MAD!!

There is NO contact number anywhere for tickets, no link or anything?!?!? Its tells me i can get them, but doesnt say WHERE?!

Ticketmaster? Do have an account and have asked for emails on updates but have so far recieved none.

Anyone have contact numbers for tickets or website links pleeeaaasssee???

you are one step ahead of me then

j1ffy

Visit site
I want to get rid of my two day eventing dressage tickets but the resale option has not been available since it crashed in Jan. I'm really fed up as have been checking every week and it keeps saying there will be another opportunity in Spring to resell your tickets....spring now!

Ditto this - I want to resell my XC tickets (and I know how many people want them!!!) but the website won't let me. It's so frustrating, I've been trying for over 3 months now. I spent 45 minutes on the phone to them (from Hong Kong!!) in Feb and was told we could resell in April. Completely hopeless.....

Shazzababs

Visit site
For the people trying to sell tickets.

You are allowed to give or sell them to friends and family members at face value, but you aren't allowed to advertise them as for sale, or auction them on ebay etc. This was the advice that was given after the resale website crashed.

If you are allowed to buy tickets you need to goto the LOCOG site (http://www.tickets.london2012.com) and then select the 'Search Events' tab. I am hoping to get some XC tickets today (thin hope), and I've managed to look at the available tickets on previous days, so the log in is working for those who have failed to get tickets in the first round.

vallin

Visit site
For the people trying to sell tickets.

You are allowed to give or sell them to friends and family members at face value, but you aren't allowed to advertise them as for sale, or auction them on ebay etc. This was the advice that was given after the resale website crashed.

If you are allowed to buy tickets you need to goto the LOCOG site (http://www.tickets.london2012.com) and then select the 'Search Events' tab. I am hoping to get some XC tickets today (thin hope), and I've managed to look at the available tickets on previous days, so the log in is working for those who have failed to get tickets in the first round.

If this is true and people have XC tickets they want rid of, more than happy to take them off your hands!