Olympics streaming?

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Does anyone know of there will be Internet streaming of the equestrian events?? I don't have a TV wired in or a TV licence ( don't watch live TV or anything real time so don't see the need for one) so wondering if I will be able to view anywhere??

:)

Hackie

Visit site
There was last time (I watched a few tests at work), so I assume there will be again. I'm pretty sure everything was available online, I actually think it was on the Olympic website?

If anyone knows of a timetable of when people are on that would be great! I have a friend who is competing and would like to watch her test but I've googled and can't find anything. I can see the dressage starts on 10th/11th but can't see who is riding when.

Last time I trawled through the first two days of tests to watch the particular riders I wanted to see - I was lucky to see the two finals live but not everyone goes through.

teapot

Visit site
Timetables are not released until declarations after the trot ups. Bar BBC, I'm not sure about live steaming, the Olympics have a different set of rights compared to other sports events.

sam_m

Visit site
According to http://www.equestrianteamgbr.co.uk/blog/posts/how-to-follow-equestrian-at-the-olympics/

Where to watch?

Don’t miss a second of the action this summer from the Rio 2016 Olympic Games; the BBC will be broadcasting live from Rio, and the UK, every day reporting on the competition and the action from the previous night. Coverage will be across BBC1, BBC4, as well as across numerous channels on the BBC Sport website and Red Button.

We’ve pulled together details of the schedule below which should give you a brief overview; don’t forget to cheer Team GB across all sports as well, a full schedule of what’s on when can be found online, including all of those gold medal moments.

This page will be updated throughout the competition, so please check back for further updates on channels and any time changes. All timings are given in BST (UK timings).

Friday 5 August

23.40 – 04.00 : Opening Ceremony – Live on BBC One

Saturday 6 August

14.00 – 20.00 : Eventing, Dressage (Day 1)

Sunday 7 August

14.00 – 20.00 : Eventing, Dressage (Day 2)

Monday 8 August

14.00 – 18.20 : Eventing, Cross-Country

Tuesday 9 August

14.00 – 18.50 : Eventing, Showjumping

Wednesday 10 August

14.00 – 20.30 : Dressage, Grand Prix (Day 1)

Thursday 11 August

14.00 – 20.30 : Dressage, Grand Prix (Day 2)

Friday 12 August

14.00 – 20.20 : Dressage, Grand Prix Special

Thursday 14 August

14.00 – 17.30 : Jumping, Team and Individual Qualifier

Monday 15 August

14.00 – 17.30 : Dressage, Grand Prix Freestyle

Tuesday 16 August

14.00 – 17.27 : Jumping, Team Round One and Individual Qualifier

Wednesday 17 August

14.00 – 16.20 : Jumping, Team Final

Friday 19 August

14.00 – 15.40 : Jumping, Individual Final (first round)

17.30 – 18.20 : Jumping, Individual Final (second round)

NB. Please note that all timings are subject to change, please ensure that you look at the BBC website and TV listings to check the timings so you are not disappointed; all times are detailed on the BBC Sport website

Don’t forget that if you don’t fancy watching the action, you can always listen to it… BBC Radio 5 Live will be bringing you coverage throughout the Games, with Jonathan Agnew set to guide you through all the Deodoro action. They’ll also be the chance to catch-up on anything missed via BBC iPlayer.

p.s.

As of September 1st you'll need a TV license to watch iplayer :(

Hackie

Visit site
I think the above means that you can watch everything on bbc i player via the net, but you need a license after 1st September? Shouldn't matter as is all over by then, although the paras will still be on so you will need one for that.

Damnation

Visit site
You will probably be able to go onto BBC iPlayer to "catch up" but I believe to stream live and watch in real time you still need a TV licence (Sister ran into this as a Uni Student).

Until the 1st September the catch up services are ok without a TV licence.

OP - BBC iPlayer should have the certain things available to view after they have aired live as they do usually with normal TV programmes if you see what I mean?

marotelle

Visit site
You will be able to Watch ALL Olympic equestrian events on 'STREAMHORSE.TV' on your lap top; they are also streaming quite a few other horse related events throughout the year.Its a link well Worth saving......

Jo_x

Visit site
You can live stream it on the red button on the BBC website but you do need a TV license as it is live TV rather than catchup

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Meh lol honestly I hate this the one time there is actually something on the TV to watch!!!

Heck I'll just have to do the stream Hong or catchup. Hate highlights though I prefer to watch the whole thing!!! :(

sarcasm_queen

Visit site
Heck I'll just have to do the stream Hong or catchup. Hate highlights though I prefer to watch the whole thing!!! :(

Well then you'll have to suck it up and buy a tv licence like the rest of us. Then you can watch it all live on the BBC website. My friends at Uni have payed for one specifically to watch the Olympics (and they're typical students with zero money).

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Well then you'll have to suck it up and buy a tv licence like the rest of us. Then you can watch it all live on the BBC website. My friends at Uni have payed for one specifically to watch the Olympics (and they're typical students with zero money).

Erm no ill pass buying a TV licence for a year to use it for two weeks oh and buying a Tv aerial I don't need as well. Your unhelpful snarky reply is noted and dismissed I'm afraid. I don't believe in paying to watch TV never have done never will do.

For those who have been genuinely helpful thanks :)