Omg cjd Pumpkin has been sold

Equi

Visit site
You also probably wouldn’t see Pumpkin living out in a huge field with his friends thought.

The more valuable competition horses I know are kept in a box 24/7 and spend their time out the stable on the walker or being ridden - although I know this isn’t the case for every top horse.
no. But he at least got turnout on grass. Many top horses don’t.

tristar

Visit site
I looked up Cathrine Dufour and she is number 2 in the FEI dressage world ranking (Charlotte Dujardin is 3rd), so if this girl already has 2 horses in training with Cathrine Dufour it is just adding to her string and not a huge amount of pressure for her.

not sure about that, taking on a ride after cjd must come with a lot of scrutiny, if you do well, how wonderful, if you don`t you could look like you you failed on some level

and it might look like the horse would have been better to be ridden by cjd

but its a very good horse, well i like it, so could well deliver the goods, i hope so anyway as i`d like to see more of it in the future

SO1

Visit site
She is 16 nobody would expect her to ride as well as CJD. There would be more pressure if the horse went to a professional rider than a young teenager.

not sure about that, taking on a ride after cjd must come with a lot of scrutiny, if you do well, how wonderful, if you don`t you could look like you you failed on some level

and it might look like the horse would have been better to be ridden by cjd

but its a very good horse, well i like it, so could well deliver the goods, i hope so anyway as i`d like to see more of it in the future

tristar

Visit site
She is 16 nobody would expect her to ride as well as CJD. There would be more pressure if the horse went to a professional rider than a young teenager.

whoever rides it will be under scrutiny, it might do better with a rider less set in their ways who can be influenced by the same person who has trained the horse so far

i don`t really see it as pressure, more the ultimate result for the horses continued progress

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Unrelated but I didn't realise you had written the 'privilege' article. I thought it was excellent, and relatable to life in general (not just horses).

Thanks! Its a bug bear of mine as actually I think parents are a far stronger contributor in sporting prowess than most other things and its always overlooked. Anyway after this a new one went up on being judgemental!!