OMG - disgusting behaviour!

KarenX

Visit site
I went on my daughters (she's 12) website today to see what photos she had put on and had a look in the Guestbook. I was horrified to find a post in there from someone threatening to kill all our horses and ponies!!!

To cut a long story short, I got the IP address and managed to track it down to Blue Yonder. I emailed them (they havent replied yet) but in the meantime I took a guess who the offender was. OH spoke to her father this evening and he confirmed the message came from their IP address!! I hope she's in serious trouble. She's 12 yrs old! Unbelievable.
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
confused.gif

Anyone else been hit with such disgusting behaviour on the internet?

Thanks for reading.

Karen

KarenX

Visit site
She was denying it at first, but once we told them the IP address and they checked theirs, and it matched there was no denying to be done! She was caught! Her father was very apolagetic.

GTs

Visit site
I feel sad for your daughter - at 12 you do not know how to deal with that, if it is serious, or what.......

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
unfortunately, it sounds like pure childish jealousy.
A girl I know was at a well known yard in the area. She got a SJ pony, who is WAY better than the other kid's ponies, and she has dreams, REAL dreams, and determination. I really like that in a kid.
She apparently recieved several nasty emails from the other kids, not just other kids on the yard, but the YO's DAUGHTER...

cruel and vindictive, I hope the father bans the kid from the internet and hides her backside..

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I bet she was quaking in her boots when she realised that it could be proved it was her......I doubt at that age she would know about IP addresses etc.

If she was mine I would tan her backside for her (probably not PC but does my face look bovvered!
smirk.gif
). Horribly little thing.

the watcher

Visit site
Nasty, but the internet is not the real world, particularly to a generation living and playing in the virtual world..all kinds of things get posted on internet forums, much nastier than we ever see on HHO, it is the new classroom bullying, but with a wider audience

JaneMBE

Visit site
Awful
frown.gif

But a growing trend of these horrid sites that are aimed at kids (picxo etc).
A lot of schools have banned access to these now as some photos kids innocently put up are atually being seen by adults pretending to be kids and messages left are just disgusting.
Had the same sort of thing with my daughter's, messages left were very nasty (also about horses) and were left by kids at same school )and ex helpers or riders at the stables)
Now it is monitored and messages have to be approved first.
It's good that kids are using the internet and doing so much more than we could ever have done at their age, but it is open to all sorts of abuse and nastiness.
It is bullying and every bit as horrid as playground stuff.
At home it is harder to monitor, a lot of parents aren't that wise about computers so don't know what their kids are doing. There will always be some that can write stinking things without their folks ever knowing, sadly
frown.gif

Hope the little monster gets banned from the pc. I would really force the issue with her parents and advise them of netnanny or something to keep their brat away from certain sites.

I know how upsetting it is for you and hope you don't get any more nastiness.

allijudd

Visit site
that is truly awful behavior........

i hope you are all ok and the little **** gets all she deserves......

she probably thought she was hard and it was a cool thing to do......

KarenX

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a vile, nasty thing to do
mad.gif

I hope your girl didn't get chance to read it
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We did let her read it because we wanted her to know what she is up against.. this girl is her class-mate!
crazy.gif

KarenX

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I bet she was quaking in her boots when she realised that it could be proved it was her......I doubt at that age she would know about IP addresses etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was denying it until we provided the proof to her parents. She even went on MSN to my daughter and swore on her Mums life that she was telling the truth and that it wasnt her! Hmmph!

Rambo

Visit site
Well hopefully the little horror that posted this has learnt her lesson, and gets suitably punished by her parents as a result of her actions.

I suppose you should be thankful in some way that it was 'just' a nasty 'mate' rather than someone or something more sinister though. A reminder to everyone to be careful about exactly what they post and where and to keep an eye on what their kids are posting too....you never know who is reading
shocked.gif

BBs

Visit site
Thats terrible Karen
frown.gif

Why do ppl feel they have to do this? well I know why, because they are bloody spiteful and jealous!

I hope she is in serious trouble now with her parents and thinks twice before doing such a thing again..

This makes me so angry, you daughter has done something special and one little brat tries to spoil it for everyone else.

I hope this situation has ended now! your daughter is lucky that you know waht you are doing on the PC, as had this been me, mum would have been stumped - IP address WHAT???? (her pc skills are limited
smirk.gif
)

Dogbetty141

Visit site
What a horrid child I hope she gets punished and maybe she needs some help a child that age should not be saying those things. No One should but especially not a child that young.

KarenX

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a horrid child I hope she gets punished and maybe she needs some help a child that age should not be saying those things. No One should but especially not a child that young.

[/ QUOTE ]

She said other things as well... She said she would kill my daughters pony and put it in her bed! The language was a bit adult too! What a strange, warped little girl.
frown.gif

airedale

Visit site
worse than that - a 14 yr old in the village 10 years ago actually DID kill 7 horses and ponies by burning the stables down they were in - but not enough evidence to prosecute him