OMG! How much is my horse worth????

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Just been having a browse on horsequest - OMG! Unproven horses who obviously "would do well in the dressage arena" (showjumping/eventing...delete as applicable!) for £10k and more! - Which beggars belief really...
crazy.gif
There's hardly anything below £7k ??????
confused.gif
Are these people bonkers or do they really think that the horses are worth this amount of money? And if that is the case - what would my horse by worth! LOL!!!
Rant over!
wink.gif

Kate x

_jetset_

Visit site
I know! I have been looking for a possible youngster to bring on and am totally shocked at the prices on the internet and in H&H... just don't know when it got so silly!

suestowford

Visit site
It's the same when you look at houses for sale. It just makes me wonder what they really sell for in the end - probably a lot less than it says on the advert I would think.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
It's ridiculous isn't it! Thing is - when you do go see these horses they aren't anywhere near as well schooled as they sound - or they nap for england - etc etc etc - It's frustrating - I do feel for you wanting to buy a youngster
frown.gif

Kate x

Halfpass

Visit site
Its crazy isn't it. I have my boy advertised to reflect his experieces. And i'm sure people are not interetsed because he is cheaper than most. I'm sure many people think that the more expensive a horse is the better it is so that advertise it for loads to make people think that they are fab. My saddler advertised his mare for £1000 she had done nothing except hacking, and had no enquiries. Next month advertised her for £3000 and sold her th next day. People are so weird!!!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Maybe its all the crap training? So to buy a horse with no issues / damage it's expensive!
confused.gif

With 95% you would loose money buying them at £10k.
If I wanted a decent youngster I'd pick one up in Ireland at a fraction of this!

Greyhound

Visit site
Absolute mine flield for buying at the moment, YO are constantly on the look out for a bit of quality. We were chatting about it the ohter day went to see one for £4k and it was pretty much knackered.

I fell on my feet with my mare, Id hate to think how much she would be up for on some of these sites.

Best of luck to anyone who is hunting out there you need it.

Gh

Tempi

Visit site
i pitty my poor bank, as im wanting a youngster next year - im going to have to spend the next few months intotal utter poverty just to be able to afford a leg............

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
She's doing super thank you - I've had the all clear to compete - but since I had my trailer stolen - it's a bit difficult not having transport! (can't believe I'm back to not having transport!
frown.gif
)
Hopefully we'll be out and about soon - she is getting stronger each time I ride her - it's still rehab stage - but I'm really happy with her
smile.gif

Took these pics of her last night - so just for you... here she is:
smile.gif

Hstable.jpg

how come someone else's tea always seems better?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Hstable2.jpg

Hstable3.jpg

Kate x

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
As soon as I know where we're going - I'll let you know - thanks for saying she is looking well - because you knew her - that means a lot!
grin.gif

Kate x

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Thank you!
grin.gif

Now I've got a video phone I'll be able to get some video footage of her moving - wowsers she can move now!
grin.gif
(Sorry I'm like a little excited school-kid - it's been a long-haul getting her back to fitness)
Kate x

Rambo

Visit site
LOL! I know exactly what you mean....

There's a horse in H&H this week that I know is a 'reject' from one of our local comp centres. It won't go x-country, but wins a bit up to 1.10m / 1.20m SJ'ing. It won't go any higher, and yet they're asking double what I paid for my boy who was jumping 1.30's when I bought him as a 7yo
shocked.gif

I think in some respects you are better off going to a reputable dealer as they won't take the p155 as it's their reputation on the line
wink.gif

Greyhound

Visit site
Well get videoing then lol
grin.gif
would love to see the ginger beastie in action.

I know the feeling about being excited I am looking forward to tonight lol

Roll on 4.30
grin.gif

Gh

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
She is still as cheeky as ever - I can honestly say that I've never met a horse who speaks to you as much as she does - if something is wrong - you know the instant you get on board! LOL!!! I love her to bits - she's fab!
grin.gif

(still find it spooky that we had that convo on here when it came out that you knew her as a foal! Goes to show that the horse world is really small! LOL!)
Kate x

Gingernags

Visit site
Awwww, aren't her and my orange one alike?

Newhorsies008.jpg

I reckon I'd make a killing on mine, 15hh WHP/SHP, won and placed county level, been to BSPS champs, placed pony club national champs teams, won and placed XC/SJ and some novice dressage. Hunts, good to do in every way, 100% in traffic, total schoolmistress but a fun ride, goes in front or behind, currently doing endurance, broken to harness... blah blah blah.

Gotta be a little goldmine! And all for the original sum of £132.50.

Not that I'd ever part with her but compared to the dross we've seen hunting for a horse for a mate...

Glad she's doing so well BTW, hope she keeps it up and you get to go competing soon. Thats a bit of a sh*t about the trailer. Fingers crossed you are mobile soon!

J x

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I think that you're absolutely right - I think people just think - well "so-an-so" asked this much so we'll stick £1.5k more on ours - it's a nicer colour!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Kate x

Greyhound

Visit site
Aw thanks Kate
grin.gif

Bought her from a Show Jumping yard, her flat work is pretty good she always tries for you.

Will try and start early next year, want to get a few more lessons under my belt first
crazy.gif
, oh and the small matter I need a trailer lol best get asking my boss for a raise
grin.gif

Gh

siennamum

Visit site
I think the simple fact is that many of these overpriced animals simply aren't selling and there is actually a glut!!
Nevertheless we spent months viewing unsuitable horses who are available at around the £5k mark, and ended up finding an unadvertised one in a next door neighbours field scenario. Fabulous well bred (primitive rising) event type, county standard ridden/lweight hunter, 17hh 5 years old fabulous temp and very correctly brought on for that money. It's possible, just have to be persistent.
Sienna's getting a bit long in the tooth now but after she did HOYS and was flying round PN, teaching teenagers to ride, & utterly straight & bombproof - I wondered what she was worth then.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Aw bless - she is similar (has the same wild mane!
wink.gif
)
I think you'd be on for squillions of pounds for her...
grin.gif

....£132.50 what kind of price is that? (fify pence???
confused.gif
PMSL! That's screwing it down for the last penny! LOL!!!!
Kate x