OMG How much??!!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Recieved my AHS National Show schedule today and am horrified that its £32 a class to enter! Plus £5 1st aid and £35 a night stabling, and I'm not sure but I think I'm going to have to pay £8 for a day pass for my groom.

My total entry for 2 days is going to be well over £200
frown.gif

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Hi

Yes, I can well believe thats how much it is, I know to compete at premier league etc in dressage it also costs a fortune for very little prize money. It is such a shame that more sponsors can't be found to at least pay good prize money.

If I had lots of money I would certainly sponsor a few classes a year with bigger prize funds
smile.gif
unfortunately at the moment i don't!

Di

Rambo

Visit site
You should take up BSJA
grin.gif

I'm paying £156 for a 3 day show (max 5 classes and approx £400 potential winnings if we won every class) and that includes stabling, entries and first aid
tongue.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
There's no mention of prize money at all in the schedule! I don't mind paying a lot to enter things if there's a chance I might win some of it back
tongue.gif

Yes I know that even in Premier League Dressage the prize money is dreadful, my employer won a Grand Prix and got £150
frown.gif

custard

Visit site
They havent paid prize money since God knows when and my entry is going to break the bank. Thankfully the team dressage is free but the novice classes are split over 2 days, probabaly to entice people into stopping overnight and parting with yet more money!!!!!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm paying £156 for a 3 day show (max 5 classes and approx £400 potential winnings if we won every class) and that includes stabling, entries and first aid
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats v.cheap!!
shocked.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats v.cheap!!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good innit
grin.gif

I've never understood the point in entering a class where you don't have the opportunity to at least win something back though. Perhaps that's just because i've always competed in BSJA classes where it is the 'norm' though
crazy.gif

ETS: Is it really that cheap though ? Two nights stabling at £40 (equivilent to £20 per night), £6 medical cover (equivilent to £2 per day), and £110 in entry fees for 5 classes (equivilent to £22 per class). I'd say that was spot on, or even perhaps slightly expensive on the entry fees, for a BSJA show
tongue.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
If I go to Wales and west it always costs be about that. There classes are cheaper but the stabling is abouot £55-65 for the weekend.

I think we have it cheap though compared to BE - they charge aout a £100 for stabling which you have to use if you are doing a 3 day