OMG I got called a pot hunter and I am thrilled :)

Switchthehorse

darcyandme.wordpress.com
Yes random but true!!!

Took my horse to our first ever proper affiliated BD competition at the weekend in Surrey. I have had her four years, some of you may have seen our jumping disasters and our flat hasnt been a lot better tbh. Taken me all four years to get her going forward, round etc... its just started coming together literally since Christmas.

Blinged her up a bit (white bandages etc) so we at least looked the part and she was immaculately behaved and we did pretty well for our first attempt :)

The BEST bit of the day was in the warm up - I got some serious evils and I think I heard a muttering about me being a pot hunter :) I know thats weird to be pleased about but seriously until 3 months ago my nag didnt know what an 'outline' was!! SURELY thats the biggest compliment in the world !!?? Well it is for me anyway!!

I should wear a sign next time saying 'we couldnt do this last week' :)

Completely pointless post - sorry!!!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
love it when that happens :)

I was once tutted at by someone at a BSJA comp while jumping the practice fence and got told it wasn't fair that professionals were doing British Novice! Made me smile for weeks afterwards bearing in mind I was on my big gangly 4 yr old :)

lizstuguinness

Visit site
nope not pointless post i know the feeling. last year filly tried killing the farrier, needs doping by vet to go near her. However with me shes fine picks her feet up lovely - well bit of snatching behind.
Been picking her feet up with a rope, as i think its starnge people round her legs she doesnt like, and think on thurs when Don comes out, if i use the rope she might, might behave for him!!!. Only taken a year :)

i love it when others are jealous, makes the hard work worth it !! :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Where's the picture of her gorgeousness though?! :confused: :mad: :D

Well done, I'd also love to be called a pot hunter at this point in time!

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
oooo now you have got me started jesstickle :) gratuitous vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54EqJz42Jek&list=UUfVI9AVbupUVf_abgeyyMhw&index=3&feature=plcp

CC welcome of course, i know she needs her poll higher at times and we are working on that, and I lost marks on my 10m circles as they were crappy :)

Cor, you look super! No wonder! :D I would sell an organ to have my horse going like that and to be able to ride like you. Really well done. Bandages look super smart btw!

abbijay

Visit site
Well done! All the hard work is worth it.
I have the reverse. I was sj'ing at ODE and people saw me warming Big Pony up, we only popped a couple of crosses so he was loose and warm without over doing it. I overheard someone say "ooh, we have to go and watch that have a go, it'll be sooo sweet". It was precisely the motivation I needed to attack the course (anyone who refers to my horse as "that" is ripe for being punched). As we left the ring from a cracking clear I overheard the same people "well it's hardly fair letting a horse that big in the starters sections". It was his 2nd sj round ever, 3" bigger than the last one and the first ODE for both of us.
Jealousy is a big part of the horse world (sad but true) so when people are jealous of you take it as the best kind of compliment you can get!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
You two look fantastic well done. :D
I never have the problem of being called a pot hunter on my furry ponies. People have the problem of believeing we actualy win anything ;) :p :D :D

Ibblebibble

Visit site
am i right in thinking this is the same Darcy that pretends she can't jump every time you enter an SJ comp??:eek: she wants to be a dressage diva lol not a common Sj'er:p:D:D:D

LaurenBay

Visit site
Well done on your dressage:D but whats a pot hunter?:eek:

A pothunter is someone who enters a lower level competetion then they are capable of because they want to win. Example, if you jump your Horse at home round a 3ft course. Then compete in a 2ft course because you know your Horse will jump clear and most likely win.

Well done OP, you must've been proud. And after watching your video, it's clear to see why. Your Horse is lovely :) Well done and keep up the good work.

Lolo

Visit site
Wow! She is a dressage diva :D

Al got something similar- "Well, horses like that shouldn't be allowed in the Novice teams"... You mean the gangly ex-racer who's been entirely re-schooled by a teenage girl (he's her first horse as well) over the past 18 months? Oops...

Marydoll

Visit site
Nice one op you both look great, onward and upward.
I remember watching sj one afternoon and we saw a pony come out that looked like a bratwurst sausage, ( big belly ), :D we had a we giggle at it, then had the smirk wiped from our faces as it proceeded to jump whatever was in its path beautifully and at a fair turn of pace:eek: it went on to win that and another class no problem, looks can be decieving as they say :):)

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
You two look fantastic and it was all the hard work you did. Congratulations!

Now, on the other hand, this year people will probably be feeling sorry for my mare. I paid someone else for training and jumping last year after breaking and starting her myself. I will be jumping her this year. So I'm quite sure I will be hearing, "poor mare". I will have to sadly agree!

Terri

JessPickle

Visit site
You both look amazing, no wonder you were accused of pot hunting :) a massive compliment to you both.

My boy just gets comments generally referring to how heavy horses were not designed to jump but to plough fields. Also have a giggle at this, as he is generally v quiet but hates farm machinery :p

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
She looks brill, could definitely teach my girl a thing or two about dressage!

I never get those looks, but then I'm 5ft7 riding a 14.2-15hh connemara x tb with slight attitude (depending on the time of day...!), and I mostly SJ and do my warm up fences from trot, so they probably think more along the lines of 'ah well, no competition with her' ... til we proceed to wipe the floor... :D Love my pony!