OMG - I just don't believe it - poor, poor horse

S_N

Visit site
Just had a phone call about the colt I was going to buy, pending vet. This morning he was found cast in his stable, when he got up he was apparently fine, he was turned out and went hooning off, slipped turning and broke the fibula AND femur!! He never got up!

I've never heard of a horse break it femur before?

My heart goes out to this family........... It's just so, so sad!!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh jesus SN!!!God that's terrible
frown.gif

Big hugs to his owners,and huge amounts of sympathy for the colt

Bethxx

ruscara

Visit site
That is terrible. So sad for his owners, and so disappointing for you. Such a waste of what sounded to be a lovely young horse.
frown.gif

S_N

Visit site
A terrible waste - I can't help thinking about the pain he must have been in! I can't get my head round breaking the femur - I mean, it's right up inside the body!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Goodness how awful and what a waste. It must be a 1 million to 1 chance of that happening.

S_N

Visit site
Well if someone did walk on to their place today and offer them 10K in cash and took him on the spot - who can blame them for accepting? They've just been through a helluva lot and they're all terrified of him, as he's a stallion!! I haven't lost anything - he hadn't been vetted yet and I get my money back.

S_N

Visit site
As much as I don't like to think of the horse in any pain - and that must have been excrutiating - The more I think back to the call earlier, I do believe it.......

Hmmmm cash, well I don't really have any........ I wasn't (am not) even looking atm........

_jetset_

Visit site
I just didn't realise this sort of thing happened... I guess I have led quite a sheltered little life when it comes to the buying and selling of horses (only ever bought Han and loaned Grace, never sold one... yet).

If it did happen, how absolutely dreadful! The only good thing to come of it, whether it happened or not, is the fact you did not lose any money SN_B. Although that's probably little consolation for losing this little foalie.