OMG! I qualified Trailblazers Finals!!!

jcberry

Visit site
WOW!
grin.gif

i went to second rounds today for prelim and novice dressage, well prelim didnt really go to plan, i had a bit of a panic in the warm up and a 'i cant do it' moment, but went in and he did a huge griaffe-sniffing the air moment right infront of the judge at C half way through really resisting me so that was out the window - but still got 71% with lots of 8's!!
grin.gif
Didnt get placed in that cos there were a few with 74's/75's.
then went in for the novice 34. i didnt think i would do well cos all the people who beat me in the prelim were in the novice, so thought ahh ill just go in for me and try and beat my string of 63's i have ha. Did a really good test he felt brilliant and much more relaxed. boxed him up and went back up later to get results and i only went and came 5th with 66% so qualified for the finals!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

i cant believe it, was such a rollercoaster of a day! never thought it would happen!
thanks for reading - still smiling as you can tell
grin.gif

Nats_uk

Visit site
Well done
smile.gif

I did the dressage and SJ at the finals a couple of years ago and it was great fun and everyone was really nice

jcberry

Visit site
have you been before? did you stable? think we will come home inbetween days cos we are only about 20 mins away, but wondering if the stables is worth it? x

CleverHorses

Visit site
If you only live 20 mis away I would drive home as stabling costs a fortune and they weren't particuly nice.
Its a fun comp to do, and they do lovely rosettes!

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Well done - we qualified last year and then pony broke himself so we never got there.
If you are local I would definately "commute" Stabling last year was very expensive and the entry fees are not cheap either!

jumptoit

Visit site
Well done- friend went last year and had a great time so I'm sure you will too but we will require a report on your return
tongue.gif
grin.gif