OMG New horse in en-route from France as we speak :-o

Notimetoride

Visit site
Well this is poignient. Last year when my horse was pts, we came to macdonalds for a coffee waiting for the disposal man. Now here I am again, having a coffee in macdonalds, waiting for a call from transport lady to say she's nearly here. (I honestly don't live in macdonalds. My stomach is in knots x

cblover

Visit site
How exciting. It's amazing how things turn out isn't it. All the best with your new friend, enjoy every minute and of course we can never have too many pictures.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Just caught up with this thread. SO excited for you!

As a recent convert to Welsh D's, they do rather get under your skin! :)

Hope she's with you very soon and you can begin your journey together. xx

_GG_

Visit site
Wow, this is so exciting and it must have been an excruciating night for you.

Really looking forward to pics and updates and tonight I shall raise a glass of wine to you, your new horse and a bright new future together!!! :) xxx

Notimetoride

Visit site
Well everyone, can i say I've really loved sharing this big event with you all, and thank you all for your support and kind words.
Pony arrived at 9.15 this morning, after 13 hrs on the lorry and 7 1/2 hr ferry crossing. She came off the ramp fresh as a daisy and perfectly happy. We had a lovely few minutes when I lead her down the long driveway all alone - just me and her. Beautiful sunny day, blue sky, birds chirping, and me and my new pony. That was a moment I will cherish forever :). Put her in her new stable, fiddled around with her for about half hour then put her out for the day. It was all uneventful, and she's now tucked up in her stable and seems perfectly content. It's been an emotional few months and I'm now exhausted and tucking into some Nutella, and think I will sleep like a baby tonight. :)

Last edited:

_GG_

Visit site
Well everyone, can i say I've really loved sharing this big event with you all, and thank you all for your support and kind words.
Pony arrived at 9.15 this morning, after 13 hrs on the lorry and 7 1/2 hr ferry crossing. She came off the ramp fresh as a daisy and perfectly happy. We had a lovely few minutes when I lead her down the long driveway all alone - just me and her. Beautiful sunny day, blue sky, birds chirping, and me and my new pony. That was a moment I will cherish forever :). Put her in her new stable, fiddled around with her for about half hour then put her out for the day. It was all uneventful, and she's now tucked up in her stable and seems perfectly content. It's been an emotional few months and I'm now exhausted and tucking into some Nutella, and think I will sleep like a baby tonight. :)

That's just so lovely to read. Huge congratulations xxx

stormclouds

Visit site
Such a lovely lovely thread to read. Welsh Ds are definitely the best! Can't wait to see pictures, and hope you're having a brilliant time getting to know her and settling her in :)

sunnysq

New User
Visit site
So exciting!! I know this feeling (although thankfully not your very sad previous loss) just come back into riding after having a family and my 15h Irish palomino mare came home today - although I'm in France! - so excited I don't think I've slept much since I bought her. Enjoy and savour every moment and the time you spend together x

suffolkmare

Visit site
Have just caught up with this thread, and glad I read it! She sounds like a bit of a superstar, coping well with a long journey to a new home! Looking forward to photos and sending you both good wishes.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Hello everyone. I cant believe how interested everyone has been in me and my pony. Such lovely lovely words from everyone.
Well she's proving to be an absolute superstar and has settled in a treat. Its like she's always been here. She looks for me when I come through the gate, and already gives me a little nicker at tea time. Even my husband is enjoying her, and he absolutely adored our last horse. He's been putting her out for me in the mornings, and today at work I felt so so exited at seeing her tonight - I honestly felt like a child again. I was going to have a sit on her this weekend but Ive discovered I dont have a saddle which fits, so saddler is coming out in a weeks' time. Hopefully he can adjust my existing saddle to fit her, and then off we go. After having a very beautiful warmblood, she's the cutest cuddliest thing ever - a big cuddly teddy bear - and she enjoys fuss and attention. And she's so pretty. Fun, cuddly and pretty, and Im very very lucky :) :) :)

Notimetoride

Visit site
Here she is, her first few moments back on UK soil. Looking fab after a 13 hr journey. Ok. No idea how to do this as it's not worked. Can't H&H make uploading pics a tad easier for technophobes. I've just had to down/up load photo bucket but still can't do it. Sorry everyone - no pics or video :-(

_GG_

Visit site
Here she is, her first few moments back on UK soil. Looking fab after a 13 hr journey. Ok. No idea how to do this as it's not worked. Can't H&H make uploading pics a tad easier for technophobes. I've just had to down/up load photo bucket but still can't do it. Sorry everyone - no pics or video :-(

Pm me if you want. I can give you my email so you can email them to me and I can post up here for you xxx

Notimetoride

Visit site
I should have said I've got the saddler out tomorrow, he could have just popped over to you.

REALLY ? Ive got C.H from W coming on 2nd March who TBH i do like as ive used him a few times, and I know he will be honest with me. Hes also bringing some saddles for me to try if we cant do anything with my saddle. I thought it would be as easy as 'pony arrives and then out riding after a couple of days rest' . Might sit on her bare back at the weekend (????)

Notimetoride

Visit site
I have tried but can't upload them. If Anyone can tell me how to do it I would be v grateful (though I have already searched the forum and Google, uploaded photo bucket and still can't do it). ???

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Very exciting indeed, and yes pics please :)

When you copy the IMG off PB make sure you take everything off either side of the

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Yeah he's great but I'm looking for a new dressage saddle and he only had 2/3 at the time.
Won't need that school master lesson after riding bareback!