OMG! What have I bought?

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
With all the recent sad news on the forum, I fell this may be inappropriate but hope you don't mind too much...........

Spider went out to his first parties this week.

I was stunned..........

On Sunday he won two Ponies UK Qualifiers and a Championship then today he went to Suffolk County where he was 4th of about 18 in the coloured youngstock class, (and best yearling), then he went on to WIN the Sportshorse yearling class!

He was a bit, well, a lot cheeky today though. The judge in the first class said that she wanted to place him higher but he was a bit too bouncy!

Still he is still a baby,two weeks off a full twelve months old, and I just think he was feeling a bit cocky after Sunday's success. A bit like second time hunting! However, more trotting practice required before his next outing, I think!

Here's a moment in between bounces............

Suffolkshow1stJune2006.jpg

Sal_E

Visit site
He looks amazing! He looks more mature that a yearling though - although I'm sure he's only going to get better!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I might get around to a couple of local things but Joey's done a good job of chewing her tail so now it's as short as his but bushier! Don't you love him I really ought to get my bum in gear!
blush.gif
blush.gif

Have you anymore shows or is that it for his first year?

_jetset_

Visit site
I can't believe he is not yet 12 months... He looks fantastic! What height is he going to make do you think?

You're going to go places with him!

tinker512

Visit site
Would never have guessed he was 12 months old, I would have said 2!

have said it before.....but he is stunning!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
That's bad luck re. the tail. It's probably not much help now but I used to put Vic in the mare's tails to stop the foals chewing them. Sticky but quite effective!

Spider has got a couple more shows to do. I don't like to overshow them as it is fairly stressful for them, (and us!!!!!!!). There was someone I knew who hiked her mare and foal the length and breadth of the country to all the county shows, then did the same when the foals were yearlings, two and three year olds. They were extremely successful as babies but were never seen on the ridden circuit. Enough said?

Anyway, Spider has Royal Norfolk as it's local to us, then one more local show 10 mins down the road and finishes with the BSPA Championships in August.
He's not going to the Ponies UK Champs, although qualified, as it's just too expensive and too far away for a baby, IMHO. Maybe as a 3yr old, we'll see.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Mmmmm! You can just see where the saddle is going to sit already, can't you?

I don't think Carl has too much to worry about if poor Spider has a muppet like me in the saddle!
Still, I've got another two or three years to brush up my skills!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Thanks.

Everyone keeps teasing me that he's going to be huge, but I'm just hoping he's doing his growing early!
His mum is 16.2 and dad 16.1 but can throw bigger so ..........?
Spider is about 15h at the moment but I'm a bit out of touch on growing rates.

Good luck with Hannah's pregnancy, I'm following with interest.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Oh?!
It's about 5"x4" on mine? Dunno?

Still, thanks for the compliment though. I realise just how lucky I am to have him.
Not a bad bit of retail therapy eh? Bought on the internet, unseen in the flesh!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
What a beauty, and he looks so professional - hope my two look that good when they start showing!! Good luck for your future shows!!