OMG WOW .. What do you think of this??

K9Wendy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The horse did look very tense especially in the piaffe where he was also very hollow rather then taking the weight on his hind legs, lightening his front end and stepping under as is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many fail to get that with a saddle and bridle so I think thats a bit harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so no saddle but there was definately reins, the film is edited with reins fuzzed out, if you look at around 5.25mins into film as horse turns away from camera the reins can be clearly seen, and then quite a few times after this point!!

severnmiles

Visit site
I would if I were you, I thought it was all aload of c**k and b**l until I saw mums friend Christine have a go on my horse and a neighbours horse who wouldn't step into the sand school for love nor money, she got her going in and out easy peasy. If you want to bond with your horse I think its great...

If you want to have a look mums friends website its.... but its all in German (lucky I can read most of it)

http://www.christinewoyrsch.de/

jayvee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would if I were you, I thought it was all aload of c**k and b**l until I saw mums friend Christine have a go on my horse and a neighbours horse who wouldn't step into the sand school for love nor money, she got her going in and out easy peasy. If you want to bond with your horse I think its great...

If you want to have a look mums friends website its.... but its all in German (lucky I can read most of it)

http://www.christinewoyrsch.de/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I had a look and ogles at the pics, (I can't read german
crazy.gif
)

dieseldog

Visit site
Well I thought the horse looked pissed off with the ground work - ears back, tail swishing but cheered up once he started riding it until the more difficult parts. It probably finds the ridden stuff easier to do than the other so is happier.

If that horse was being ridden in a dressage test and it's facial expression and tail swishing was the same you would get a lot of comments about it being tense and resistance, so I don't believe it was a 100% happy doing the ground work, which was pretty obvious once you saw the change in it once he started riding.

Tia

Visit site
That's exactly what Cloud does when Megan plays her game with her. She wrinkles up her nostrils and bares her teeth, along with having her ears pinned back it makes her look like a devil pony. It's a sort of "tag" type game they play. Megan chases Cloud and Cloud runs around but she never goes very far from Megan (even though she does it totally free and not in any fenced-in area). When Meg is the chaser, Cloud looks like a normal pony but the minute Meg touches Cloud and it is Cloud's turn to chase, she turns into something pretty scary looking. As soon as Cloud touches Megan the tables turn again and she goes back to running off quite happily.

I only play with a couple of my horses and they do this too (except my ones don't bare their teeth - they do wrinkle sometimes though - just like a dog does when you get it all excited in play). I really should play with more of them though as all of the horses I have played with have really enjoyed it; having said that I don't put enough trust in any of my youngsters to allow them to play in the wide open, LOL!!

mrgoop

Visit site
I am impressed. I would love a bond like that. Oh and a seat to match of course. The patience needed to achieve all that must be serious stuff, but the results are amazing

ruscara

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The horse did look very tense especially in the piaffe where he was also very hollow rather then taking the weight on his hind legs, lightening his front end and stepping under as is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many fail to get that with a saddle and bridle so I think thats a bit harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so no saddle but there was definately reins, the film is edited with reins fuzzed out, if you look at around 5.25mins into film as horse turns away from camera the reins can be clearly seen, and then quite a few times after this point!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. There are definitely reins. You can see the bloke pick them up on occasion, particularly just before the piaffe. Something is deffo there, not just a neck strap.

Tia

Visit site
Looks like the usual NH neckstrap to me; however I don't really think it matters much whether it is the neckstrap or a bridle, I would hazard a guess that not many on here could have their horse work like this whether it be in full tack, promoting every gadget under the sun and on dope, LOL!!

Sooty

Visit site
Very impressive! Must be lovely for a horse to go over such massive jumps quite safe in the knowledge that it isn't going to get a jab in the gob. Absolutely beautiful horse and breathtaking partnership work. There is something to be said for different approaches to horsemanship.

amandaco2

Visit site
personally i think he is an idiot jumping a horse over a picnic table.the horse could have broken its leg.
he has got a good seat sure and the horse is very well trained-although the piaffe attempt was abit, erm not very good.thehorse just looked very hollow and tense and totally incorrect.and the spins didnt look very good-although i hasten to add i dont know alot about western movements.
it doesnt impress me just riding with a rope round the horses neck, anyone could do that-you dont need to buy a #40 carrots stick to do that!
the horse was a little nervous during some of the groundwork i thought, i think he was doing alot of very sudden requests and the horse looks like its got alot of tension trying to keep up!and the rearing doesnt impress me at all to be honest.
and i have to agree the horses ive seen both in life and on vid all look quite tense and worried when 'preforming' and some of the things they have to do are highly undesirable-i wouldnt want my horses to be rearing up if someone waved a stick at their faces!
that said he did have a lovely seat and rode very nicely and the horse was very responsive.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
personally i think he is an idiot jumping a horse over a picnic table.the horse could have broken its leg.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be anti every inter-hunt relay competition in the country then.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Firstly bloody hell does that horse have a fantastic jump!!
Secondly personally i cant fault that, i tink it is beautiful display of horsemanship, and lovely to see someone ride so well with absolutely NO gadgets or tack or equipment.
Thought the groundwork was lovely, the horse was listening and watching intently to the guy and the guy clearly loved the horse and praised it with kisses and kind strokes.
Also someone said that jumping over the picnic table was stupid as the horse culd have broken its leg er hello a horse can break its leg jumping round badminton or a XC course or showjumping its no different whatsoever.
The only fault is i dont think its wise to teach the horse to jump out of the arena!!

Rambo

Visit site
Question: Where do you cross the line between NH and Circus tricks
tongue.gif

The horse is clearly very well trained, and the display is very impressive....but weren't the Chipperfields doing this years ago and not just with horses.

One observation.....for a horse that is supposed to be jumping freely and without fear of being jabbed in the mouth...he didn't half look uptight over those fences
shocked.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
yes your horse could break its leg walking in the paddock i know!
but at least those fences are designed to jump over!
if your horse puts down early because it cannot see there is another row of benches beyond the table it would end up puttig its legs right through the wood!