Omlet cube

misst

Visit site
So I did post in pet box but thought I might get a reply in here :).
Wanting a new coop for my 4 girls who are likely to increase by 1 or 2 hens max.
I am sick of wooden coops getting grotty and falling apart after a few years.
I don't need a run or anything - they have two huge walk in runs joined together with lots and lots of space.
I just need a coop on legs/a stand.
Is the omlet eglu cube worth its hefty price tag?
Thank you :)

Nicnac

Visit site
Absolutely! I got the Go Up when I got my first chooks but really wish I'd got the Cube now. Only upside of the Go Up is that it limits the numbers as if not I may have many more chooks!

I got the run as although chooks are in a big enclosed area during the day, the run allows me to lock them up at night and not worry as well as giving them the choice when it's hot to go into coop or stay in run where I have put a couple of perches. Run also has a cover over it (not the Eglu one which is too thin) for shade and protection from the elements.

TPO

Visit site
My olds have one. I think theirs is maybe a medium one. The most hens they've had using it is 4 (it's purple and grey just in case the colours match sizes!).

It's so easy to clean. They have a waterproof tarp that goes over the run in bad weather, and the nesting box gets covered with old horse rugs in really cold weather.

Much lower maintenance than their previous big wooden shed for them.

misst

Visit site
Oh and they also hold their value so you may find one second hand.
I have looked but none near me in Surrey - if anyone is selling I'm interested!
If I get one then it will be the cube as I want to get an olive egger and a cuckoo marron. ( how shallow I am I just like all different coloured eggs:oops:) so that will make 6 though my old Bluebell is looking a bit doddery :-(
Thank you everyone

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have a purple and grey one too for my 3 bantams. It’s great. Really easy to clean, they seem very happy in it. I have it on the floor as they wouldn’t use the ramp to their old coop.
I got it second hand for £100/£120 no more than that, it came with the run but I don’t use that. And a rain cover (for the run I assume) and a padded winter cover.

Reactions: TPO

misst

Visit site
I have 2 walk in huge runs joined together with dirt area, paved area and gravel area and some of it is covered with really heavy duty tarpaulin so literally just need the house. I want a stand as mine use their ramp and love sitting underneath the house when it rains. Even though the house is fully protected by the tarpaulin :oops: :rolleyes:.
I think I will get one then - but I will look for 2nd hand if I can as it's over £600 for a new one. I have the money but it seems a lot. But then I don't have 3 horses anymore and so I am saving a LOT of money 🤣

Flyermc

Visit site
I have one of the smaller ones (not the cube) and its really easy to clean. mine is on the floor with a run, but they mainly free range in the garden.

misst

Visit site
They do come up but none near me. By the time I have travelled 3 hours each way I think I'll just buy new :) but I'm going to keep looking for a week or so