One advert, where would you put it??

Would you like exercise included in the livery for an additional cost? ie lunging

• Total voters

MissDeMeena

Visit site
So i'm going to advertise Bunny
frown.gif

In the past we've only really had any replies from add's in H&H, however a good advert is best part of £100 (the type we've used before)..
So, seeing as i'll have to use one of the cheaper add's, would it be better to use something like HorseQuest??

connie1288

Visit site
mm very tricky one atm, we havent had a single call from horsequest, but i am trying to sell a 3yo!!
Friends have had smart event horse on Horsequest and H&H and no calls.
Another smart event horse in H&H only (no price) has had lots of calls but only a few to look.
If mine? and only using one I would go for H&H, or horsequest, then if that fails then go to H&H.

Joss

Visit site
I have had my one on Horsequest for a couple of weeks and only had 2 replies. Put her in H&H (hopefully todays) & have already had 3 calls this week just from the H&H website.

Such a shame yours isnt a gelding otherwise I would save you the bother of advertising!!

What kind of money are you looking at? H&H have an offer on for 3k-5k

sare_bear

Visit site
I think it depends on your price. I think horsequest is great for horses that have some sort of a competition record, but not so great for younsters. If under the 5k mark I think horsemart. Had a great response from there for mine, better than horsequest. And as for Hand H they printed the phone no wrong in both adverts, despite me phoning to change it, so money down the drain!!!

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on your price. I think horsequest is great for horses that have some sort of a competition record, but not so great for younsters. If under the 5k mark I think horsemart. Had a great response from there for mine, better than horsequest. And as for Hand H they printed the phone no wrong in both adverts, despite me phoning to change it, so money down the drain!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What phone them and tell them you want a free advert !!

maxine1985

Visit site
Friend advertised her coloured cob gelding in Horsemart and horsequest, very few calls, so put in H&H... he sold on day magazine went out and was still having calls a week later.

Think it may depend on the price of the horse though, if i was looking for a cheap horse i'd probably spend hours trawling the internet, but if i had money to spend i'd look in H&H and online

sare_bear

Visit site
Hi ST. I did phone and ask for a free add at the time, but to put mobile instead of home no as they couldnt seem to get it right, but thankfully horse sold in the intrim. Good job too as the photo was then incorrect. Have to say would be reluctant to spend that amount on an advert again, having made so many errors! Prob just bad luck??

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi ST. I did phone and ask for a free add at the time, but to put mobile instead of home no as they couldnt seem to get it right, but thankfully horse sold in the intrim. Good job too as the photo was then incorrect. Have to say would be reluctant to spend that amount on an advert again, having made so many errors! Prob just bad luck??

[/ QUOTE ]

no i have known a that happen a couple of times !!

nurselainee

Visit site
I would say horsemart, i've sold all i've had for sale on there and my horsebox very easily with many calls and interest, but like someone else has mentioned, I think it depends on the horses' market value, horse quest or H&H would be one of my choices for anything over five grand ish ...

seabiscuit

Visit site
Definately definately horsequest!!

Horsemart would be a waste of time I think- it is really only happy hack/real amateur horses that advertise on there

daisycrazy

Visit site
Another vote for horsemart, partly because it's cheap and partly because it has an excellent search facility. I can't stand horsequest because you can't search. I strongly disagree that it is only happy hackers and real amateurs' horses on horsemart. There is a complete cross section and some very nice youngsters. Not to be sniffed at as a means of advertising, particularly at the price.

pootler

Visit site
I look on Horsequest daily, I tend to look on Horseselect every Mon/Tuesday as they update it weekly around that time.

I will look on H&H but find the adverts quite limited. Will look on Horsemart and Horsedeals but I personally find the type I am looking for less likely to be there.

smile.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will people be getting their H&H's due to the postal strike and backlog of deliveries? Just a thought. If people receive copies late they might assume the ads are out of date....

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had mine today
smile.gif

Kentisheventer

Visit site
If im just browsing, then horsequest is much easier... its only if im desparately looking that i choose H&H because its just not so easy!

chatter1

www.wayacresporthorses.co.uk
Horse & Hound always generates the best response for me. I hate horsequest as as a buyer its really difficult to search a specific criteria, like age & price. However as an ad in the H&H is pretty expensive I usually do an online one first - give this a couple of weeks and then depending on how quickly I want to sell then do a magazine one if I haven't already sold. Horsemart has often generated enquiries but never really had much response from horse deals.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I haven't voted because the cheapest way to start with is actually horsemart, a web only ad is just £12 and anyone looking will I reckon look on their computer rather than look in the mag.
The next one that gets results is horsequest, and finally for more expensive horses, HH. Potential event horses seem to get responses on HH but it is sadly by far the most expensive one to use. (hope your ead this admin..!)
Locally the WMN is damned expensive with little response.
You can try a free ad on adtrader too, you'd be surprised how many people look at that site..