One at a time Please :)

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
LOL ! Very funny.

Hmm, isn't dressage supposed require control of the horse of the horse at all times and through all paces ? Poor woman, she really was tested.:D

(Glad I wasn't the owner of the asbo horse.)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I confess that I had an Asbo horse that did just that. I took the chesnut git, aged 5, to his first RC show just to ride him around and get him used to things. He walked round calmly as anything then wham! He bronked me off in front of the secretary's caravan and proceeded to charge across the show ground and in particular the dressage arenas for about 5 minutes :eek:, creating maximum havoc wherever he went.

I had a lot of apologising to do once he was eventually caught.

Embo

Visit site
HA! This really made me lol, but I do feel sorry for the rider!

I love how you can see the horse start creating in the background, rider oblivious. Then suddenly... oops!

JustKickOn

Visit site
Similar thing happened at Trailblazers last year, but across about six arenas!

Nice test, hope she was allowed to continue from where she was interrupted!

nix123

Visit site
I feel for the woman. Seriously though if that happened what do you do. Are you allowed to carry on at the bit just before asbo horse came in, or do you start all over again or do you just go and find a spot to cry after being eliminated?

Zero00000

Visit site
You see the horse start in the background at 0.07 poor women gets dumped, hope she was ok, at the end of the video you hear someone say 'lets try again'

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Mine escaped at an RC ODE, I had tied him up for one min whilst I went in to change something, within my sight the whole time, and the little beggar pulled back and headed towards the dressage arenas where my sister was on her horse, luckily someone caught him before he caused any trouble, I was mortified!

That nearly happened at Aston this year, when a loose horse had a gallop round the dressage arena on the surface, the ones for the seven year olds, luckily it was early and no one was in yet!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Reminds me of a mortifying moment we had at the Three Counties Show a few years ago.

Returned to our box with the show hunter, who is beautifully mannered and highly experienced. Five of us with masses of years of horse keeping experience. Saddle off, double off with various comments of 'have you got him' passing between us.

Er no, it appears none of us threw the head collar rope around his neck and he took advantage of our pony club antics by clearing off at a spanking trot, straight through the lorry park, over the road and into the lead rein show pony ring (he is 17.2). There was much screaming from the feathery hatted ladies in their lovely suits.

My four friends announced he was my horse and they were having nothing to do with the situation. I was hiding in the hedge, clutching his head collar. A nice man rugby tackled the horse and I had to walk into the ring in abject embarrassment, to claim the horse back. We still giggle about that afternoon, but it did teach us to pay a bit more attention to who was in charge of what !

TrasaM

Visit site
I'm laughing imagining the scene Adorable Alice. Let's hope Ted doesn't try that... Ooh the thought of it :D
I did something similar at the yard once with an equally large lady. I though she'd be ok of I took her bridle off before I got the lead around her neck. Crafty cow just kept her head high and there was 5'5" me trying to grab a bit of mane or chuck the rope over her neck! No chance. I was very new to horses and did she take advantage! I'm sure I provided lots of entertainment for the spectators running around with mare dodging me like an expert ! :eek:
Lesson learnt ..maybe .

Auslander

Visit site
I commented on the Competition Epic Fails thread in CR about a similar incident! It was PC dressage, I got dumped, and horse went through several arenas before being caught by the DC. Very very embarrassing!

risky business

Visit site
Ha I love the way she's happily riding her test and you can see the commotion going on behind her! Then all the sudden he comes bounding into the ring, how embarrassing for the owner of the rouge horse lol.