One can spoil it for all

not_with_it

Visit site
This is just a rant so feel free to ingnore.

Everyone on my yard is lovely. Everyone gets on but there is one person who spoils it for everyone. I have spoken to YO's but it is a business to them and as long as she is paying shes staying.

She smokes everywhere, stables, barn, feedroom, tea room. It has got to the stage where I am throwing tab ends back into her stable. Luckily my stables are across the yard. She bitches about everyone, including the YO's but is also best friends with everyone. She never stops talking and will quite hapily interupt conversations or invite herself to talk, talk over people and tells the same story over and over again but each version is different. There are a few new liveries who have been riding out with her and they now know everything about me!

I have already spoken to the YO about her and will do again tomorrow. Its got to the point where I am contemplating moving yards but it would be such a shame as I get on with and like everyone else.

I just cannot take her sticking her nose into everyones business.

JadeyyAndLadyy

Visit site
It might be a good idea to tell the YO youre considering moving, and you KNOW other liveries arent happy and might leave too. that way if she feels like she will soon be losing quite alot of money, she may tell this person to leave in order to keep her other liveries.
just a suggestion and hope it makes sense :) good luck x

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
If it bugs you that much, move yards.

Hopefully this will have got it off your chest a bit. You said that everything else is good about the yard. Do you think that you could cope with the occasional vent to get it out of your system?

stargirl88

Visit site
Isn't it a bit of a fire hazard to smoke around the stables everywhere like that?! Perhaps ask the YO to make a designated smoking area (and provide an ashtray!)
I'm sure if she is so bad that other people will soon realise/or at least will and maybe then you can confront the YO about it and go from there. You get one at every yard right! I'm sure if you are happy otherwise at this yard it would not be worth moving over.
And if you don't want her to discuss you with other people, avoid her and don't tell her anything :p

loz9

Visit site
i feel your pain! it seems every yard has to have the resident b****!
The downside where i was was it was the YM's OH that was the problem. I sadly couldnt take it anymore there & moved, but onto a joyous yard where the YO's kids were spoilt b***s! I could just about cope with that & then a less than a year after me arriving the previous YM became managers at the new yard :O Im now very happy that we keep our horses at home!! (altho a nice hacking partner wouldnt go amis!)
Only you can decide whether to move or not, but horses are meant to be fun!
& i would be appalled if anyone thought it was accceptable to smoke around the stables, its irresponsible & dangerous! The YO needs to sort that out!

Dubsie

Visit site
I'd get together with as many other liveries as you can and ask the YO to ban smoking on site because of the risk of fire - collect up a load of photos of her fag ends left all over the place) - and if not to provide a smoking area (that you can banish her to) pref at the far end of the car park.

Spudlet

Visit site
Can't imagine the YOs insurance would be too pleased if she caused a fire with her smoking - that might be an angle that catches the YOs attention.

not_with_it

Visit site
The YO is aware of her smoking and has said there will be a smoking ban on the yard, however this hasnt happened yet.

Im going to talk to the YO tomorrow and tell him I am considering moving and see what he says. I have 2 horses, she has one and I know other liveries feel the same. I rode another liveries horse the other week when only she was there, by the time I had got back from the field turning him back out the other liveries had turned up and they all knew. The liveries that have only been there 2 weeks all know that my horsebox is broken and exactly what is wrong with it and what I do for a living. I havent told any of them! Its getting beyond a joke!
I know that if I told YO what she had said about him he would be fuming but im reluctant to stoop to her level and gossip.

Fairynuff

Visit site
be very careful. You may well end up being the one who is 'in the wrong'. Cant you just ignore her and her silly stories? People arent daft and will soon suss her out. I would do my own thing and leave her to 'hang herself'.Is she really worth the hassle of moving yard to somewhere which may well be worse? Stay where you are and be patient.