one filled leg again!!

bellaboo

Visit site
I posted not so long ago to say that my yearling filly had come in with just one filled leg, no heat, no pain, no lameness. had vet out and he thought it could be a low grade infection. She has a shot of anti biotics and anti inflams and a four day course of anti biotics, he also said to bandaged her. I did all of this and it went down. The past couple of nights her leg has filled agin in the stable overnight, it goes down when shes out. Question is, surely this can't be normal for a 1yr old, i don't really want to bandage her over night as i think she is too young to have support for her legs now? What do you think? What do you think it could be? and why just the one leg? I will ring the vet tomorrow to have a chat but wondered what you all thought
smile.gif

WallisM

Visit site
Hello there,

My horse sometimes gets puffy legs aswell like yours no lameness or pain.

What I bought was some arnica tablets and some gel stuff Oh I can't think what it's called, But it's blue and I paid about £7.50.

My lads legs are fine now.

Good Luck

x
wink.gif

Mickeymoo

Visit site
It could be the start of an abcess. If the abcess hasn't burst the antibiotics wouldn't clear it - hence the leg would refill.

My horse had this. I kept him turned out in his normal routine and he was fine in a week.