one for the ladies.....

[59668]

Visit site
....do you find your horse is different during your period?

I have a gelding but he seems to become more forward going during my time of the month.

Anyone else notice anything?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Having said that... years ago when working on a stud, the stallions would notice and if you weren't careful they'd have a go!

Visit site
I have a mare, and her "periods" are much worse than mine (mood-wise and sensitivity around the ovaries). I also find that her seasons seem to sync with mine! Whether this is just co-incidence or there is more to it, I'm not sure. Would be interesting to find out though.
As far as my own go, I have noticed dogs are worse than horses at 'noticing'. If I'm out walking anywhere there are dogs, they seem to flock to me :confused: Not sure if they are males or females though :D
xx

Parachute

Visit site
I have a mare, and her "periods" are much worse than mine (mood-wise and sensitivity around the ovaries). I also find that her seasons seem to sync with mine! Whether this is just co-incidence or there is more to it, I'm not sure. Would be interesting to find out though.
As far as my own go, I have noticed dogs are worse than horses at 'noticing'. If I'm out walking anywhere there are dogs, they seem to flock to me :confused: Not sure if they are males or females though :D
xx

Maybe they all just want to be friends? :D

Tash88

Visit site
I don't really notice a problem/difference with my horse (gelding) during my time of the month, but I do find that when I have PMT for the few days before I come on, I don't ride very well, tbh I feel a bit all over the place and not as balanced as usual, so I tend to hack/lunge on those days as I'm not able to school him properly. I think it's probably a combination of slight backache, tender and bloated tummy, and general irritability!

Does anyone else get this?

Delicious_D

Visit site
....do you find your horse is different during your period?

I have a gelding but he seems to become more forward going during my time of the month.

Anyone else notice anything?

:D :D :D

Maybe hes worried if he doesnt behave you'll turn into that girl from the exocist and crusify him :D

SCMSL

Visit site
My first horse was a stallion and he sure would notice!

He never made any attempt to mount or anything else, but he would be very protective of me (aka not let any other horses near, and through a tantrum if I went to pet one of his neighbors). I actually found it kind of cute! :p

mandwhy

Visit site
Then I want to cry and it all makes sense a week later and my OH is always saying SHE KNOWS! If she knows, could she leave me alone and be nice please?

trottingon

Visit site
The stallion my friend used to own was not particularly easy to handle generally, (well, he was okay but you needed to know what you were doing) but when she had her period he became a little git, nipping, barging, disrespectful, not a pleasure to be around, she used to let her husband handle him during these times. It was just easier all round.

SuseP

Visit site
My horse is certainly more irritating when I've got pms!! But that's me not him. I work with all kinds of animals and find reptiles to be trickier at that time, but it might just be because I'm clumsier so more likely to get bitten. And I generally stay away from primates. I'm pregnant right now mind, so might get even stranger responses!

Grumpymoo

Visit site
My horse definately knows. I try not to ride or do too much with him if I am on as if he challenges me I will just cry or just be very stroppy so it's best avoided!!

Charem

Visit site
I haven't noticed anything different with my horse or the colts/stallions at work. Although I was told by an old stallion man a few years back to be careful around stallions when it's that time of the month so obviously some must pick up on it.

POLLDARK

Visit site
It would be strange, I think, to get a reaction as it is when you are as far from fertile as you can be in the cycle as the womb lining is being shed during a period in preparation for a new lining. It would take around a fortnight before an egg was released as I understand it. I am quite pepared to be shot down in flames:)
Did you jnow that the scent between your toes is said to match that of an in season bitch which is why dogs take great delight in licking there & we all thought it was affection!!

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
A young horse at work gets more angsty and naughty round me when I'm on, and I'm not really the pmt type either so it can't be me slamming about that sets him off. He's the only one I've known do it, though I did see a small stally once 'hug' a girl, we think it was her new perfume lol.

Starry_eyes

Visit site
I don't really notice a problem/difference with my horse (gelding) during my time of the month, but I do find that when I have PMT for the few days before I come on, I don't ride very well, tbh I feel a bit all over the place and not as balanced as usual, so I tend to hack/lunge on those days as I'm not able to school him properly. I think it's probably a combination of slight backache, tender and bloated tummy, and general irritability!

I totally get this! For one week of the month I just can't ride properly (well, some might say it's all the time and nothing to do with TOTM lol) My balance is off, I just don't feel 'right'. If you get what I mean. :eek:

StormyMoments

Visit site
my stallion notices but gelding not really. stallion just gets a bit more in your space, constant whickering and being a show off also his biting gets worse usually its just nuzzling of clothes but he starts to bite down and hold on to my collar and things like that never tried anything though. gelding just gets a bit more soppy and needy attentionwise but that could just be him being him :)

Hutchie

Visit site

Ditto this! I tend to feel abit more fragile round this time so not as confident etc.