One leg, one show, one ebnyand we won part two

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Oh my days, you remembered that one lol, well even on my wonderful day the leg had a mind of its own and on a couple of times had to call for help to put it back to the right position, never a dull moment, the other people in the class just gave us a very strange look, they would have looked even more if the dam thing had fallen off lol x x

how could i forget, it was a classic, and now you've just given me another one to giggle at .x

Fun Times

Visit site
Fantastic result, well done you, you should be very proud of what you have achieved. And what a stunning horse, she really does look very special.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Brilliant results and love the pic when you won! Will wait to hear the report where you are cantering round happily.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Congratulations! That brought a little tear to my eye. Everytime you look at those rosettes I hope they remind you of how much you have achieved. You both look fantastic & Ebony is such a credit to you, you must be so proud :)

cronkmooar

Visit site
Superb well done.

You both look great, and such a fab horse

Can I be really cheeky and ask about the strap on round your ankle?

Is it attached to your girth and is it to help with balance?

Feel free to ignore if you are not comfortable answering, I'm just interested :eek:

ebonyallen

Visit site
Superb well done.

You both look great, and such a fab horse

Can I be really cheeky and ask about the strap on round your ankle?

Is it attached to your girth and is it to help with balance?

Feel free to ignore if you are not comfortable answering, I'm just interested :eek:

Well spotted, because my false leg goes up to my bum its very heavy and with out this it drags backwards and then tips me forwards in the saddle,. This is something that I came up with its a horse tie the quick release ones. It goes around my lower leg and through the girth to try and keep the leg still does seem to work mind you the leg does seem as said before have a mind of it bloody own lol. It does release as I have fallen off a couple of times and not been left hanging thank god. If you can think of anything else any comments would be handy x

Tiffany

Visit site
What an inspirational post, well done. You seem a very determined lady so I'm sure you'll be cantering at your next show :)

cambrica

Visit site
Well deserved, Ebony is truely beautiful and Wow, what an inspirational lady you are :)
I've just shown your thread to my very unhorsey OH and he thinks you are wonderful too !
Here's to you both having the best summer and many more ribbons :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
406482d1379027350-congrat10nc.gif

Queenbee

Visit site
Hi Everyone, Its been a long time since I have been on the forum and let you know how we are doing, so I thought I would give you a little update as to our progress.

The last time I took Ebony out I was not brave enough to ride in the ring without having someone walk with me, so I made my mind up the next time would be different, so we went off to the next show and I entered her into 3 Ridden Class's, I spoke to the judge and said that I would not be able to canter around and they said that was not a problem,

Ebony could not have been better she really was a good girl and I did not show myself up too much, we managed a First a third and a fourth. The judge said they would of placed us higher in the other class's if we had managed to canter. We came first in the Vet Class as the horses did not have to canter. When we were called forward for this I just sat there as never thought it would be our number until my friends yelled at me, then I realized it was us a then broke into floods of tears thinking my mum would have been so proud of what we had done (she died last Year) The judge told a friend of mine that they had watched her before hand walking around and said that that little horse really looks after that girl, I was so touched I think she does but its always a special when someone else does.

After lunch we then entered her into the Inhand section and came out with a First and 2 x Third, again she was my little star. So for this year there is only one thing for it, I most have the confidence to canter her once in the ring without making myself look too silly, so this is what I am working at the moment, so watch this space and I would love to think that later on in the year will be able to tell you we did it and I did not fall off lol so this is at the moment work in progress. I have attached a few photos of our fantastic day out with Team Ebony. Thank you for taking the time to read our little story x

You sobbed?!!! Christ woman I'm in folds here! You are amazing! So is your ebony, but you know me, with that name she couldn't be anything but amazing could she? Xx you're mother would be proud whatever you chose to do, but yes, I suspect seeing that would have been the proudest day of her life if she was still with you xxx. One day, you will be riding along, you will trot and it will feel the most natural thing in the world, you won't even think about it as you knock her into that canter, it will come xx

I made this today for all my female friends, it's very apt I think....

10344183_781787541831623_3537033357481928819_o.jpg

cronkmooar

Visit site
Well spotted, because my false leg goes up to my bum its very heavy and with out this it drags backwards and then tips me forwards in the saddle,. This is something that I came up with its a horse tie the quick release ones. It goes around my lower leg and through the girth to try and keep the leg still does seem to work mind you the leg does seem as said before have a mind of it bloody own lol. It does release as I have fallen off a couple of times and not been left hanging thank god. If you can think of anything else any comments would be handy x

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I thought it must be something like that - did you see the thread by the other lady about her daughter?

IIRC she said something about the current leg being heavy or something and about obtaining a purpose build leg???

Are you able to get a grant for a sports leg?

(that's sounds really strange but I'm sure you will understand what I mean :) )

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Beautiful photos and what a moving, inspiring and happy report. The green showing colour choice is lovely as others have said, it so compliments Ebony. Well done xxx