one of my horses has sores on frogs, advice please.

wilson1

Visit site
Im not sure what has caused this but one of my horses has very sore looking heels (the crack in the heel at top of the frog) they look red and his back ones are very sore, im not sure what to put on them so any advice on something to put on that wont irritate it more please. I have the vet coming tomorrow so hopfully get it sorted then but want him comfortable untill then.

alicetikko

Visit site
udder cream might help, i use it for everything! and if you cant find anything that helps or it is still sore after a couple of days ring the vet , your horse might need a course antibiotics, hope this helps

ilovecobs

Visit site
mrs mozart why do u keep putting bump. on posts im sure nobody understands wot u mean

It just bumps the post up in the forum so that people can see it and doesnt become lost when the OP hasnt gotten an answer yet. (Well thats what i thaught it was, could easily be wrong :p )

wilson1

Visit site
udder cream might help, i use it for everything! and if you cant find anything that helps or it is still sore after a couple of days ring the vet , your horse might need a course antibiotics, hope this helps

thankyou, I will try udder cream. the vet is coming tomorrow so will see if he needs antibiotics.