Onley Grounds EC - anyone been? (Also in CR)

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I'm thinking of going here for the unaff SJ on a Friday evening as I've just discovered it's not that far from me. Has anyone been? I'm looking for something low key on a good surface with a friendly atmosphere where I can go for some practice. If anyone goes there or can tell me what it's like I'd appreciate it
smile.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I have been for both BSJA and unaffiliated but at a weekend. Both have very relaxed atmosphere. The surfaces in both warm up and arena are top notch. Unaffiliated a good one for baby horses, nothing people moving around, windows etc to distract them. Highly recommended. Be prepared for the car park to be a bit rough but it is still a work in progress

jumpthemoon

Visit site
Excellent, it sounds great
smile.gif
Thanks MrsT and Ovidius
smile.gif
Horse is not a baby but is very spooky and needs to go out and gain confidence. I was going to do trailblazers at Vale View this weekend but he went lame last week and isn't going to be right in time, so I was looking for something else nearby
smile.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
IMO Onley will be more suitable for a spooky horse needing to gain confidence, far less for them to get distracted by, no wall of mirrors and whilst they have fillers they are not a vivid as the plastic ones at Vale View. Enjoy

Taboo1968

Visit site
I think HIghcross gets the award for the spooky arena!!! Remember taking a mare there for her first ever test..... she HATED the canteen window, even rearing in the free walk as it was towards it..... SHame there wasn't half pass in the test, as everything away from the window was fine, but next to it.....no no no, lets half pass as quickly as we can away from it!!!!