Online bridleway maps?

starsky

Visit site
Does anyone know any site that shows accurate bridleway maps? I've tried ordnance survey on line, but you can only see a small square of map at a time, which isn't much use if you are trying to plan a route over a bigger area. Or do I have to resort to old fashioned paper maps? Google earth shows tracks and stuff, but it doesn't identify if they are bridleways or not.

Help? Please, before I go and get lost - again
grin.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Best things are the OS Explorer maps, they give virtually every field; 2 1/2" to the mile. They're better value now too as they're double sided so give a bigger range. Why don't you look on ebay, loads there for most regions.
Paper maps are ace!

OWLIE185

Visit site
You will need to buy ordanance survey maps which you can do online. If you need to determine the status (i.e is it a public footpath, a bridleway, rupp, byway or white lane) of a local track then contact your local County Council definitive map officer.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Try Multimap.com and choose the OS view option - you can choose scale and centre to your area of choice. You can also move the map coverage area by left clicking on the mouse and holding the button down - move the mouse and it moves the map. I print out what I need onto paper and take that page with me.

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Ask me when I come, I know everywhere around you! OS explorer maps are the best (I like the paper ones).
If you'd rather look on-line, go to the ordnance survey website, type in the postcode of where you're based and it will come up with a small map. I'm not sure how you'd get a larger version (I think they'd want you to pay for this!) but you could cheat by doing print screen of a map, putting this on paint then moving the map along to get the next section, print screening that etc and then sticking them all together.

PS: Did you get my pm?

EstherYoung

Visit site
www.multimap.co.uk gives you the option of 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 OS mapping, and will let you print out a limited number of pages for private use. Might be a bit messy if you're wanting a bigger area but it's a start so that you can work out whether an area is worth exploring.

supsup

Visit site
If you use Bing maps, there is a drop down option to turn it to an OS map. Very handy!

This! You can zoom in and out, and the map switches automatically from OS Landranger to OS Explorer with the zoom. So you can get more of an overview over a larger area (with the Landranger), then zoom in for a closer look with the Explorer.

Lucky788

Visit site
Vieweranger, I have the app cost me about £5 to get all the area I need and now have the whole of my local area with all the bridle ways and don't need signal as its all downloaded so very handy when out and about :)

ETA Viewranger is just the OS map in app form

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I also use and love view ranger too :) no signal working is very important to me and it has got me back from many the middle of nowhere hunting as well as good for hack planning etc :D

Especially when you know there should be a track right there, and you can't quite spot the start of it, or you are in private woods with lots of tracks but which one the BW is isn't quite clear you can then get to it.