online Prascend?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Those who get Prascend online with a vet prescription, where do you buy it from? I did a deal with my vet which was cheaper than full price but still quite expensive, we now have two on Prascend and I am looking for the cheapest way to buy it.

Thanks

JillA

Visit site
I get mine from Animed, was about £1 per tablet. If you google Prascend it will come up with suppliers and usually the price they charge. My vet charges £15 +VAT, a total of £18 per prescription so I have to factor that in.

HashRouge

Visit site
Have a shop round on all the main sites (Animed, Vetmed etc) as the prices tend to change fractionally, so different sites will be cheaper at different times :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thanks all, I will check those sites out. Apparently my vet will charge me £20 per prescription. Each horse currently takes one tablet per day, so it's not too bad yet, thank goodness.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Any reason you didn't buy the full pack of 160? My vet prescribes 160 as the pack size, although there are restrictions as to how many he can put.

Purely because her next blood test is due in 4 months, so she would only give me the prescription for 4 months worth.

MM, sorry, just worked it out, and they came to 97.5p each. I think one of the other sites had them at 94p each, but then had to pay postage etc on top and they worked out dearer.

pepsimaxrock

Visit site
It infuriates me how they can justify that sort of price - 98pence or whatever it is the manufacturers charge nowadays.
Perhaps its the cost of all the "free" tests they subsidise ....

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I have used Animed after reccomendations on here when old vet used to have a huge mark up on prascend, only small issue I had was first order I did I tried to order 80 rather than 60 as felt I could afford it and save ordering them for a little bit longer but obviously they could only do what the prescription stated it was my fault but only thing they could have done is maybe email me to alert me as had to check order status then email them to see why they hadn't been dispatched.
Knowing what I probably should have known the first time future orders with them were really smooth quick delivery etc. I've only stopped using them as had to change vets and the new ones have a much better price for prascend with less mark up so after the prescription it wouldn't save me that much using online and is easier to just get from them direct. Would use them again if vets costs go up though.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It infuriates me how they can justify that sort of price - 98pence or whatever it is the manufacturers charge nowadays.
Perhaps its the cost of all the "free" tests they subsidise ....

The drug company funds the free testing, not the vet. Having realised that I will have to post the prescription to the company, I am going to have to ask my vet not only for a prescription but also for some more tablets to tide us over.

Checking prices today, it looks as if Animed is cheaper, 10p

paddy555

Visit site
The drug company funds the free testing, not the vet. Having realised that I will have to post the prescription to the company, I am going to have to ask my vet not only for a prescription but also for some more tablets to tide us over.

Checking prices today, it looks as if Animed is cheaper, 10p

My vet sends prescription by e mail (also a paper copy follows) and I just set up the horse (his name etc) on animed and then download the prescription onto their site and this comes up when I order. If you have a paper copy can you not scan it to your computer and then attach it to your order? They have never asked me for a paper copy. My vet did tell me they sometimes come back to the vet to check everything is OK with the prescription.
They send it by a 48 hour service and it comes by the postman so at least you know the date it is expected. Previously I used a different firm, there were no details of when dispatched and how long it would take. As I didn't know when it would arrive I couldn't make arrangements. It was delivered by courier, left on the doorstep and the dog was enjoying her new plaything when I got back home. Quite worrying what would have happened if her teeth had gone through the packaging..

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
My vet sends prescription by e mail (also a paper copy follows) and I just set up the horse (his name etc) on animed and then download the prescription onto their site and this comes up when I order. If you have a paper copy can you not scan it to your computer and then attach it to your order? They have never asked me for a paper copy. My vet did tell me they sometimes come back to the vet to check everything is OK with the prescription.
They send it by a 48 hour service and it comes by the postman so at least you know the date it is expected. Previously I used a different firm, there were no details of when dispatched and how long it would take. As I didn't know when it would arrive I couldn't make arrangements. It was delivered by courier, left on the doorstep and the dog was enjoying her new plaything when I got back home. Quite worrying what would have happened if her teeth had gone through the packaging..

The website says they won't accept scanned or faxed versions of the prescription. Perhaps that is for new customers, or new meds.

paddy555

Visit site
The website says they won't accept scanned or faxed versions of the prescription. Perhaps that is for new customers, or new meds.

I have only used them for about 4 months and I don't think it has changed. I have just looked at it (not logged in under my username)
At the bottom of the home page, under prescription regulations it says the following.

We strongly recommend that you upload a copy of your prescription to the Animed site during the checkout process. Doing so will mean that we can process your order more quickly.
If you cannot upload your prescription, please make a note of your order number (shown at the end of the checkout process), write the order number on your prescription and send it to us via email, fax or post.

the above is what it said when I started. I first set up each horse ie name, breed, age etc. Then went into the prascend page, clicked on the horse name and ordered the number of tablets prescribed for that horse. It then said prescription only and you had a choice of things like they already held the prescription or upload it. So I uploaded it then, went to check out paid and got an e mail to say it was dealt with.

JillA

Visit site
Animed accept a scanned version - in fact my scanner won't work with Windows 10 so I photograph it and send that image. That's fine with them (and a lot cheaper than getting them through the vet)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have only used them for about 4 months and I don't think it has changed. I have just looked at it (not logged in under my username)
At the bottom of the home page, under prescription regulations it says the following.

We strongly recommend that you upload a copy of your prescription to the Animed site during the checkout process. Doing so will mean that we can process your order more quickly.
If you cannot upload your prescription, please make a note of your order number (shown at the end of the checkout process), write the order number on your prescription and send it to us via email, fax or post.

the above is what it said when I started. I first set up each horse ie name, breed, age etc. Then went into the prascend page, clicked on the horse name and ordered the number of tablets prescribed for that horse. It then said prescription only and you had a choice of things like they already held the prescription or upload it. So I uploaded it then, went to check out paid and got an e mail to say it was dealt with.

Animed accept a scanned version - in fact my scanner won't work with Windows 10 so I photograph it and send that image. That's fine with them (and a lot cheaper than getting them through the vet)

Thank you both!

I will look into that again.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Viovet usually have good prices and quick delivery.

i always used v iovet as i liked the speed of delivery and the easy website but they are alot more expensive than animed , i did phone to see if they would be able to match animed and they said they couldnt...even though i was ordering alot as my mare was on 4 daily...

BandL

Visit site
Another vote for Animed. They accept a scanned or photo of your prescription so its easy to upload. I get a prescription for 6 months from my vet and then tend to order about 40 at a time (months supply for me). I usually use there free delivery, only once has one of my orders been lost but in line with Royal Mail policy I got a refund and reordered. I often have a look around for anywhere cheaper but I'm yet to find one that works out cheaper than Animed.