Ooops, please ban me from the sales!

navaho

Visit site
Well we went to Llanybydder sales on Thursday & came back with not 1 but 3 foals!! I must be mad! We went with the intention of not buying anything, then decided as my daughter was thinking about getting another that we would see if there was anything suitable that she liked, so we bought a very smart section D foal, then of course he would need company...so one coloured foal later..then everyone seem to have cleared off home & only a handful of people left, mainly us, Turners & a few dealers, so we just had to buy the little black section D who went through last! Aaargh, i need my head testing. Anyway, I'm hoping that we will eventually able to find some nice homes for the black D & the coloured, at least they have got a chance of finding a decent home now, we wont sell them to just anyone & if they don't sell they will stay with us & be gelded & broken in eventually.....so much for cutting down!

Charem

Visit site
Sounds like you thought it through well...like you said daughter wants another, that one wold need company and when you are working with one of those two the one not working would also need a friend!

Pictures please!

Jackobean

Visit site
:D:D I nearly bid on the black D - he was a bargain !!!!!

I am lethal, have to stay in the tack auction for as long as possible or I always end up buying something!

navaho

Visit site
Prices were truly dreadful, we bought the coloured for 25gn, the black D for 28 & the one for my daughter, who was a bay D, we did pay a bit more for at 80gn. It was really depressing to be honest. Especially when my OH & i were umming & ahhing over bidding on one section D foal who was at 20gn & then the hammer fell & it had gone to Turners, the only consolation for me is at least it is a one way trip when the meat man buys them, unlike when the dealers do, you just don't know what they go through then.

Anyway, pics as promised, not the best as my daughter took them lol.

015-1.jpg

014.jpg

011-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

And yes i know his headcollar is to big before anyone says anything, my daughter put it on him not me :)

navaho

Visit site
Jackobean, yes hes lovely, still cant believe thats all we paid for him as well, good job you didnt see him or we might have ended up paying more lol!

FairyLights

Visit site
Well done on buying them. Lucky foals. I bought a couple at Builth in Oct and thought they were cheap, but my goodness............................

navaho

Visit site
Thanks for all the lovely comments, i have a sneaky suspicion the coloured will end up being a permanent fixture as my OH seems to have taken a shine to him lol!! :)