Oops...a not so quiet hack!!!!

Sparkles

Visit site
Lol sooooo I decided yesterday that today I'd take a good long quiet ride round the back end of our farm and over the hills, as had a quick ride around yesterday and it's gorgious up there and can't beleive I've not ridden up the ridge more often, as it's stunning over the back! Just miles and miles of fields, just lovely.
So decided today I'd take the horses out for a ride over that way for a couple of hours with my mate earlier today!
So that was plan. Nice chilled hack, just getting the horses settled and mooching really.

Again. That was the plan!

Started off nice, just mooching up the hill and up the little gulley woody track that takes you over said hill and on to all the fields.....get off...do the gate....let my friend through.

Both Horses stop, grows to a billion hands...friend gets off too wondering what's up...

Quad appears with people in.

'You might want to get back on quick, the hound are on their way!'

LOL. Major 'Oh S*&%!!!! and 'ooooooooooooooooops!'.

So we run leading the horses back out of this gulley, I get my friend back on quick using a log pile neary. She managed to throw herself on quick but my horse is now spinning like a top wired as the hunt have now appeared and descended lol. Maneged to get a leg up quick from a kind lady on foot and then just got invited to tag along until we could get away safely.

And then we were off! Joined with them for about an hour and my friend bless her, there were post and rails that needed to be jumped but there was no way the horse she was on would have hacked off on his own to go around them....so I just said grab his mane and kick and follow my lead and not to worry he'd jump it fine. So off she went over the rails with her eyes closed bless her! She'd only ridden this horse a couple of times XD I told her after that he'd never actually been hunting before in his life.....LOL. Double ooops.
My horse was just wired lmfao....he's a youngster and had been hunting once before last month so it was the dreaded 'second time hunting'! Epitomy of it! LOL.

We managed to get away in the end after an hours hunting and finished off the hack we planned lol....but so much for our nice quiet hack! lol! Good afternoon's ride though
smile.gif

Wouldn't have been as bad if we hadn't been in pink wellies, skinny jeans, coloured caps and tee-shirts and hoodies!!! Oh deary dear. Luckily I knew the majority of them from previous hunting....so they were very very kind and we were very very apologetic and thankful!!!

Haha my hacks are never uneventful XD
tongue.gif

aimeejay

Visit site
Ooops! Your friends brave bless her, I dont think I would of known what to do because Im a really nervous jumper!
blush.gif
Ahh well there is nothing like a bit of eventful hacking, whether its the scary horse eating monsters or the hunt!
smirk.gif
grin.gif
x

teresagarsden

Visit site
Now that sounds like you had a great time.
Its makes my sedate hack out on the moors today seem a little dull.
Very brave of you both though, well done
Teresa

Sparkles

Visit site
lol tbf the horse she had is ex SJ lol....so knew he'd do it at least at the back! He'd hate being left on his own more than jumping it lol.

Haha was a fun day though! My girth was still loose too as had only just set off and just remember galloping along and still doing my girth up haha. And I'd let my stirrup down on one side to get on before i got a leg up in the end, so had a dressage length one side and jumping length the other XD lmao. What a sight we must have been!
Never been so embarassed and said so many apologies in my life haha.

Sparkles

Visit site
Lol thanks! Ah I love that youngster bless him lol, trust him with my life, he's such a nice sort!
smile.gif
I love hunting and go fairly often, so wasn't too worried about it...just didn't quite wake up this morning and set off planning our ride to end up like that lol! Let alone my poor friend [who is now buzzing about it and wants to go again. LOL].

Glad we've shared the giggles though lol XD we were in fits hacking back...only would happen to us lol! True Binky style hack as everyone who knows me would call it....if it's not getting lost and ending up out for over 6 hours one day....it's going off for a little hunt instead!
Lol. Well we said we wanted an adventure out XD Though only meant sedately exploring all the fields we hadn't been through before haha.

Sparkles

Visit site
I did think about getting photo's on my phone....but was too busy trying to be invisible as was getting a lot of unwanted attention from people on foot. LOL

Though that said they have photographers out with them...so if you see two people in pink wellies, hoodies and skinny jeans in the background on ttlvideos anytime soon....that'll be us!!! LOL

Sparkles

Visit site
Haha just got a text

'I can't beleive I just went on my first hunt on a horse that's never been and jumped him and IN PINK WELLIES!! Legend. lmfao. Officially best hack I've ever been on.'

Me thinks she'll be back XD hahaha