Opinion please

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I've always been scared of jumping but am now jumping a course of 6 very small jumps easily and confidently
grin.gif
. Should I now make them slightly higher? If so should I just raise one and by how much? Piece of coffee sponge cake if you got this far
grin.gif

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Raise them all if you feel comfortable...just dont push yourself maybe raise them all just one hole on the jump wings gradually so you dont freak yourself out

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I hate to admit this but it's taken me 4 years to get this far.
blush.gif
I had a fall a few years ago and dislocated my right shoulder which is now a bit stiff. I've never been a very confident rider but my pony has given me the confidence I need. He's such a star
grin.gif

dexterpat

Visit site
what about making the course more technical not higher - my friend had an issue of jumps over about a foot, we added doubles and bounces - related distanced and on to triples and dog legs - it got to the point she could jump any combination of jumps confidently all at just over a foot - it was spread we started to increase slowly, once you can confidently tackle a more technical track a simple track of a few jumps that are bigger are much easier to jump - don't measure them just have them put up as high as you are confident with, if you feel like you will bottle out lower the culprit fence it took us 6 months to get over the magic 18 inches but then she zoomed up to 2ft 9" quite quickly as the height is not important it is the skill in jumping!! (sorry this is long!!)